Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat screens

Options
  • 23-01-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey

Dont usually post in this forum hope this is the right section. Just a bit of work related advice required.

Need to purchase 8 or 9 flat lcd screens and one 42" flat tv. Looking to know what are the best options? Quality wise? cheapest options? Would I be better ordering from the internet? I would like to have access to the seller.

Thanks alot. All advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There is a bit of overlap when it comes to buying advice on computer displays so it can be a bit confusing where to post. I suppose it depends on what you looking for are these;

*)For work like accounts/regular usage etc
    *)Pro work, digital design, photography etc
    *)Gaming ?

As for the 42" HDTV which is off topic (there is a Home Entertainment Display forum) well personally I like Samsung are you looking for a full HD (1080p = 1920x1080 display) or will a regular 40-42" with a 1366x768 display do the job it really depends on the source material resolution being displayed on it guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

Thanks for your help. I think i have got the tv sorted. I was looking at philips 42 PF762ID HD LCD TV and Sharp Aguos LC42XD they are both just less than 1k sterling whiich is around my range. The monitors are proving a lot more difficult. Ideally what im looking for is monitors/screens that are taller than they are wider, something like 30" length and a fair bit narrower. Is this even possible or is this a matter of buying a standard screen and mounting it sideways. These will be used for displaying graphs and news reel for business usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Sort of a wide screen display that can tilt on it's side and operate in portrait & landscape mode is that what your after ?

Well by the sounds of it any 30" display you can get your hands on should do the job if you mount it on it's side and then use the graphics card driver to change the display mode to portrait.

You will need an NVIDIA or ATI graphics card in the system to do this.

Try this or this on for size.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MacStacked

Thanks a lot that been a big help so far. I was looking at the 24" Dell it seems like what im looking for and i think it is ready to be turned straight away. Some of the others would require of a graphics card for each screen is that right? Also I read that you need to check to make sure that they are capable of being used on their sides as regards vent location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

The Dell 2407 can be rotated into portrait mode.

• Advertisement
Advertisement