Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish calender?

Options
  • 23-01-2007 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

is there a calender that has all the darts tournaments that are been held?
    i find it hard to find out about diff competions.

just by pure chance a mate was workin in kilkenny last week and the hotel had a flyer up about a singles comp on in kells co kilkenny (shirleys bar i think it called)in mid feb. E3000 prize money 50 entry fee best of 5 sets with best of 5 legs.

i was playin in local league last night and asked everybody there nobody knew a thing about it but there was great interest i think now there is a bus goin up and all..

my point is if my mate had went somewhere else for breakfast that morning we would never know about the tournament. i am into motorsport and we have a calender on our sites that anybody can add an event onto and deatils ect so everybody can see whats comin up weather its a pdc job or a charity doubles thing in the local.

its just im sure there is events on most weeks that ppl dont know about is there a site that has all this sort of info or could a thread be started on this site so ppl can post up events.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

As far as I know, there isnt an official Irish Calender of events set up anywhere. Your best bet for upcoming events is the Aertel Darts page which can be found at the link below.

http://www.rte.ie/aertel/aertelplus/p501.htm

The tournament that you have mentioned is advertised on that page.

If I get the time today I will set up a thread for upcoming Irish events. Tournament organisers may be able to advertise upcoming events on that thread as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

mussha wrote:
    best of 5 sets with best of 5 legs.
    Played down there a few years back it is a reall tester think my game was on for 35-40 mins can't remeber now but it was a hell of a lot of legs played.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

http://www.dartsinireland.com/Calendar.htm

this is closest ive found actually quite a lot of info on the site but its not able to let any joe soap stick up events..

ie. im from wexford and first week in march there a singles comp in davidstown close to enniscorthy E1000 prize money singles two weeks later is doubles comp in campile. there are well known comp down here but i wouldnt mind travelin to carlow kilkenny waterford ect but ive no idea of any events..

I have a calendar on my site but I get my events of Darts in Ireland/Aertel and UK sites if anyone wants to mail me events I will put them up as I can update it regularly and the site gets a lot of hits from all over Ireland.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have to say Carrickman that your site is the best Irish Darts site that I have come across. Keep it up! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mussha

whats your site?

and ur email addy?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

mussha wrote:

and ur email addy?
    southwestdarts@yahoo.ie

Kingp35 wrote:
    I have to say Carrickman that your site is the best Irish Darts site that I have come across. Keep it up! :D
    Thanks:o the reason I set it up is because their is no regulary updated sites in Ireland with all darts news (trying my best to keep it updated, paying for it myself as I am learning by trial and error), this forum helps alot also with latest news.

Please feel free to sign my guesbook folks and if you have any tournments etc send them onto me and I will put them on it.

Advertisement