Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oliver Callan of the Cafe...

• 23-01-2007 3:15pm

...as funny as a toothache. And when a person has to preface every sketch by telling you the person they are imitating (he'll say things like 'David Beckham, Arnold Scwarznegger on the phone for you'), that's a bad sign...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

everything with that program is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Who is Oliver Callen?

Mossy Monk wrote:
    everything with that program is wrong

Wouldn't be that harsh, the presenters seem confident enough. Really geared at the acne generation though, who laugh hysterically at a hole in a biscuit. The fellow who brings the coffee and Callan are an annoyance though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Milktrolley

Really geared at the acne generation though, who laugh hysterically at a hole in a biscuit.

Wouldn't go that far, but then again when you see the success of Little Britain it's hard to argue against it. Although a lot of adults like LB as well I guess...

Anyway, I'm 17, can't stand the show. Maybe if I was 12 I might find it funny or whatever it's meant to be, but despite RTÉ's claim that it's a teen show, I really think it insults the intelligence of anyone post-Junior Cert. But I suppose when it's the same division of RTÉ that churns out programmes for 5 year-olds and 16/17-year-olds it's to be expected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Aidan Power is quite pretty though....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The Cafe is really bad. I cannot bear it. Isn't Oliver Callan behind the gift grub rip off Knob Nation on 2FM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

,who laugh hysterically at a hole in a biscuit. :D
    hahahahahahahahahhahahaha
    (that was me laughing hysterically at a biscuit) the cafe is very lame, think the fact its just a half hour long they cant really strike up any decent chat with they're guests, however light hearted it should be. and laura woods who presents it is stiff as a board however casual she tries to make it look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

Nightwish wrote:
    The Cafe is really bad. I cannot bear it. Isn't Oliver Callan behind the gift grub rip off Knob Nation on 2FM?

Oliver Callan was originally in Gift Grub on Today FM, and then moved to 2fm.

Did no-one read about him suing Rosenstock because he didn't get paid or credited for his sketches that were on the album this year? He wrote and acted some of them.

hot fuss wrote:
    Did no-one read about him suing Rosenstock because he didn't get paid or credited for his sketches that were on the album this year? He wrote and acted some of them.

Heard that alright.

Imho Rosenstock is far funnier and a far better mimic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

callan is a hero, i met him at a house party a good few years ago, known him ever since, when he does a private mimic, hese a lot better, no political correctness and all that craic!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for dragging up an 11 month old thread to tell us that.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement