Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed steel vs. conrete

Options
  • 23-01-2007 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Want to put up a garden shed/garage measuring 20' x 12' approx.
    I have been to see both types and think that concrete ones remind me too much of prefab classrooms. However they are warmer inside and price is similar for both. I would appreciate advice on which to choose

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 KILRB

Where could you go to see both and get a price - I'm interested in a concrete shed but expected I would need to get a builder to quote me for building it. What sort of price are you talking for a shed that size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Practicalities - A steel shed would be like an ice box in winter and an oven in summer.

Concrete gives some insulation (not much) but that useful thing thermal capacity i.e. the temperature will stay fairly constant irrespective of sudden temperature changes outside.

Then again this is only a garden shed so it depends on what you're doing with it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Corner Back

KILRB wrote:
    Where could you go to see both and get a price - I'm interested in a concrete shed but expected I would need to get a builder to quote me for building it. What sort of price are you talking for a shed that size.

Both sheds would cost around 4000-5000 euros. Check out tiglinsheds.ie to see concrete sheds. Price includes erection of shed. I am having second thoughts at the minute and might go for a proper block built garage if I can afford it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I personally would favour a concrete shed as you can always insulate and line it internally for insulation purposes. With the steel shed you would have to deal with a certain amount of condensation so option would be to insulate it. Steel sheds takes a day to install once the base has been installed. check out Shanette sheds in Kilbeggan for a few ideas. http://www.shanettesheds.com/

Advertisement