Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket A Heatsink+Fan wanted

• 23-01-2007 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I currently have a athlon xp 2500@3200 speeds, which was a great buy and is still able to run some of the newer games.
    It is currently cooled by some Thermaltake heatsink(not sure what one) but the fan is so loud it can be heard a few rooms away. :eek:
    Does anyone know where i could buy a quieter one that would still allow me to keep the overclock?
    If someone has an old one for sale that would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

As much as I like to see new threads, not really for this forum. Try the wanted forum in adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The building/upgrading forum might have been a better choice.
    Maybe a mod will move it.
    I don't think adverts would be the place to find which retailer still sells good socket A coolers.
    I was just saying buying second had was also an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I am just after going through some of my older stuff and think i have something that might be of use........
    On the TT i had (Volcano 7) you could remove the fan and place a standard 80mm fan of your choice on. The TT was REALLY loud so i took it off and put another Sharkoon one on top.
    Anyway....i have the base of the TT (heatsink part,pretty decent copper i think) & another decentish quiet socket A cooler.....your welcome to have them there no use to me (FOC).

Let me know if either would suit ya (it will be the weekend before i can get my hands on them again).

PS Aint got a prob with ya posting here, doubt you'd get much responce on the wanted forum.(will delete when your sorted)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Thanks for the offer but after checking i see its the Volcano 7 that I have. I didn't realize the fan was so easy to change. So I am just after putting a quieter on on it now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I have a coolermaster aero 7+ here. Probably the best socket A cooler out there. I halped me get my 3000+ barton to 2.58ghz. Your more then welcome ot have it. It might need a cleaning though. As i think the fan is full of dust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Thanks for the offer but after checking i see its the Volcano 7 that I have. I didn't realize the fan was so easy to change. So I am just after putting a quieter on on it now.

Hehe, looks like you came to the right place after all!! Hope your sorted anyway, give me/anti a shout if your not......

PS I dont know how you lived with that thing for so long, 7x Standard Orange TT 80mm fans on full were quieter than the Volcano....5k RPM if i remember correctly, and your not jokin about hearing it from other rooms,i could hear it upstairs......horrible horrible cooler.

Advertisement