Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real or Fake?

Options
  • 23-01-2007 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭

These pictures were sent to me in an email today entitled "Why are they wearing helmets?". First time I looked I thought fake straight away but now I'm beginning to change my mind, it could be done? See what you think. Apologies if this was already posted.

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Considering who's in the pics (Hans Rey and Steve Peat) I'd say they're real. You can read the story here:

http://www.santacruzmtb.com/company/index.php?news=1&sub=News&Sport=&NewsID=0227

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Blowback

Stunning views/That fact that helmets are worn suggests to me that these guys respect the image of a safe cyclist enjoying himself.
    Luckily for them there are no Hill walkers taking a break or having a chat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Blowback wrote:
    Stunning views/That fact that helmets are worn suggests to me that these guys respect the image of a safe cyclist
    Are you serious? I cannot see that the helmets would offer much protection in those circumstances.

Well you never can tell when you are going to fall from your bike can you? Especiall here on the edge of a cliff.
    One other thought. Do you hold on to the bike or not?

Blowback wrote:
    Well you never can tell when you are going to fall from your bike can you? Especiall here on the edge of a cliff.
    One other thought. Do you hold on to the bike or not?
    Maybe the helmet's got parachutes & flotation aids built in?

• Advertisement

Must have something like that alright.Excellent images though.Get the mind thinking alright.
    To be honest I believe something is not right with the shots.Did not read the story behind it though as per other post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Are you serious? I cannot see that the helmets would offer much protection in those circumstances.

They deffinitely can offer protection. What if you fall to the wall side? :)

gzoladz wrote:
    They deffinitely can offer protection. What if you fall to the wall side? :)
    Wrong kind of helmet in that case, should be a mountaineering one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If I was forced to cycle that cliff I would be leaning towards the safe side all the time, so much that I would probably falling over every 5 yards!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,832 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There were some mad guys down at Moher a few months back (early in the morning to bypass security). Looked great, crazy and all, but ultimately moronic. There was a couple of people killed there just last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Trojan wrote:
    There were some mad guys down at Moher a few months back (early in the morning to bypass security). Looked great, crazy and all, but ultimately moronic. There was a couple of people killed there just last month.

many sports are viewed as moronic, these guys love and are the best at what they do! respect! :D

Advertisement