Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Job in London

Options
  • 23-01-2007 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

So im planning on spending the summer in London and wanted to find if anyone had any tips for finding a summer job soon! Iv heard its better to start early but im not sure how i would go about that.

Iv searched around Gumtree for summer jobs but cant seem to find anything. I should know tonight about accommodation as a friend has a big flat with a spare room, so all that needs sorting is a job and a ticket :D.

Any tips much appreciated peeps :].

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

Depends on the kind of work you are looking for but one option would be sending your CV off to some recruitment agencies. Sorry I can't remember the name of any off the top of my head but if you go to www.yell.com and search for recruitment agencies in the area you'll be staying.

Don't think they'll be able to do much for you until you go over though.

Other option would be if there's a definite line of work you want to get into, or area you want to work in, do a bit of research and send your CV off. It'll look quite good that you were pro-active and didn't sit around in the hope that they'd advertise.

Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Pub work?

It's gonna be hard to land a job from Ireland but always jobs going in London. Lots of Irish pubs as well. Do you play GAA at all? The GAA clubs can sort you out once you get over tehre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Cheers for the replys.
    Have thought about putting the CV out there but its nothing to shout about :o. I reckon i might look up a few different companies and just send them off, cant do any harm i guess.
    Never worked in a Pub but i guess there's a first for everything, no GAA for me either. On another forum a chap mentioned this place: http://www.pellandbales.co.uk/

Apparently they are always hiring new people and he works there every summer, not sure about being a tele marketer though ><.

Advertisement