Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horsebox Hire

Options
  • 23-01-2007 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Horsebox hire!
    Does anyone know of a reputable company that hire out Horseboxes? I have found two companies in the Dublin area that do but unfortunately I can't get through to Blakeman's Farm Equestrian Centre and the other company, Mr Hire in Rathfarnham, had a box in need of repair with no working snatch.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm off to my first away from home show on my first horse and need all the help I can get! :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Do you know anyone else heading to the show?. If you do and they have their own box maybe you can ask veerryyy nicely to go with them and cover petrol and maybe bring some food for all?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pootle

Unfortunately everyone with a box is already full! Its our riding clubs "Prix Capprilli" and the whole club is going. So people have already split up the spare rides. There are two of us looking to travel and as its my boy's first time, I'd like him to travel with his best friend! Preferably in a safe, secure box. I don't want his first outing to be difficult in any way.
    I'm based in the Enniskerry area so if anyone around there would be interested in loaning a box, I'd be happy to pay more than the hire guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,540 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'd help if I could but my box is banjaxed, and I lost my livery so its now back in the South East where the neddies are. Surely you must know someone who could lend you one. Everyone I know has an old box. You'd be better off with a pretty modern ifor williams really.

Hope your journey isnt like mine two weeks ago where the brakes seized on the M50, where we had no choice but to keep going with OH's new van. He wasnt impressed at all as new van suffered a little. Then we had a blowout on the trailer 10 miles from home. So last 10 miles were driven at a painful 20 miles an hour with everyone trying to signal that we were on three wheels.

Horses travelled grand though:D Better than we did I think.
    *worst journey ever*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Perhaps you can the people organising it a quick ring and see if anyone else in a different club has room?. Good luck if you do get going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 moore05586

pootle wrote: »
    Horsebox hire!
    Does anyone know of a reputable company that hire out Horseboxes? I have found two companies in the Dublin area that do but unfortunately I can't get through to Blakeman's Farm Equestrian Centre and the other company, Mr Hire in Rathfarnham, had a box in need of repair with no working snatch.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm off to my first away from home show on my first horse and need all the help I can get! :p
    Moore Hire in Galway (I'm Kevin Moore) hire horse trailers and horse lorries, with or without living accomodation) on a daily weekly or long term basis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement