Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Speed Issues

Options
  • 23-01-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I've been having a problem with my BB speeds for the past few months now, basically I lost 30% of my bandwith overnight, well I upgraded from 1MB to 2MB only to discover my line was not capable of handling 2MB(never got above 1056kbps) and when I was downgraded to the 1MB I had lost about 30% of the speed. Now to be fair to Eircom my line was never the best and they have been actively looking into it. One thing I have noticed about the change in my speeds, when I was connecting at approx 900kbps my CRC errors were 86/3 now that I am only connection at 544kbps the CRC errors are 186/9, doubled and tripled, does this indicate anything of import. Also one of the techies suggested I order a new line but I am skeptical about this being of any help. Is a new line a line that runs from the exchange to my house or from the pole outside to the box on the outside wall of the house, I'm not sure about this, anybody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

IM having LOADS of connection problems tonight. Thought it might be DNS but hasnt solved the problem..anyone else?? Im in Dublin 24

Advertisement