Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Piercing

Options
  • 23-01-2007 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Quick question. Is there a period of time before getting a tongue piercing that you shouldn't consume alcohol?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

They recommend I think leaving it for a week or two. You will heal quicker if you have no alcohol in your system.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Hmmm I went drinking, got the idea in my head to get my tongue pierced, left the pub, went to the piercest and got it done. Then went straight back to the pub!! My tongue didn't swell up, I was able to eat everything and all was well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

jonny24ie wrote:
    Hmmm I went drinking, got the idea in my head to get my tongue pierced, left the pub, went to the piercest and got it done. Then went straight back to the pub!! My tongue didn't swell up, I was able to eat everything and all was well!!
    Wow!
    Real good advice buddy!Just what your piercer tells you!

OP - No, stay off the alcohol for about 3 days(longer if possible) after the tongue piercing, give it a proper berth so it can heal properly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Wow!
    Real good advice buddy!Just what your piercer tells you!

Emmmm yeah, notice the fact I said I was drinking!!! If I was to get it done normally I wouldn't touch drink before or after for a few days!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

jonny24ie wrote:
    Emmmm yeah, notice the fact I said I was drinking!!! If I was to get it done normally I wouldn't touch drink before or after for a few days!! :rolleyes:
    Dont roll your eyes at me sonny me lad,
    Ive had more piercings then youve had hot dinners,
    Being drunk is no excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

ha ha I fille dout the form, then went out of the shop to a pub and had a shot of tequila and then went back and had it pierced in fact my piercer told me it would prob help! I think it did too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭b0bbie

ha ha I filled out the form, then went out of the shop to a pub and had a shot of tequila and then went back and had it pierced in fact my piercer told me it would prob help! I think it did too!

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Dont roll your eyes at me sonny me lad,
    Ive had more piercings then youve had hot dinners,
    Being drunk is no excuse.

Wow!!
    I am only stating that drink won't bleeding kill you if your getting your tongue pierced!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Who the hell are these piercers who are doing piercings on people under the influence? That's totally unprofessional and these people give good piercers a bad name. Jesus.

Just for the record, if a piercer ever, EVER suggests that drinking alcohol will actually HELP with a piercing, run FAR AWAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I didn't mean that i'd be drunk getting it done! I'm heading out on Friday night and was hoping to get it done Saturday Afternoon.

I won't be drinking until the following Friday night either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Alcohol already in the system doesn't help the healing process, i think it thins the blood. You should be ok though assuming you don't go on an almighty bender friday night.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I wasn't saying that to you Orla, that was mostly to the people who said they've been drinking WHILE getting pierced :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

jonny24ie wrote:
    Wow!!
    I am only stating that drink won't bleeding kill you if your getting your tongue pierced!!

No, drink didn't kill *you* on *this* particular occassion. It may not turn out that way for some one else. Piercing aftercare is best practice, not "what can I get away with?".

Gauge wrote:
    I wasn't saying that to you Orla, that was mostly to the people who said they've been drinking WHILE getting pierced :)

Ah yeh I know.

Can't believe a piercer actually pierced someone WHILE they were drunk/drinking. :confused: Madness.

Advertisement