Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play.com

Options
  • 23-01-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭

Anyone else had problems with play.com?
    I ordered a game (dead rising) on the 10th, it said it shipped on the
    11th and i havent got it yet.
    Anyone have any idea when i'm likely to get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Customs (or the post office) may be holding it. Orders over €23 are subject to import charges. Probably best to contact your local post office to see if they know anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

wasn't is €22? anyways im not ordering of play.com anymore unless its under €22 or €23... paying extra with them when i can probably get it cheaper on cdwow with no import charges whats the point

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I've never had problems with them besides delivery sometimes taking a while, usually never more than 10 days though. It is possible that it may have gotten "lost" in the post (i.e. in some An Post worker's pocket). Play will normally send a replacement for free when this happens once a certain number of days have passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,885 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Delivery has been really slow lately. I got two 360 games, the other day. Ordered at the end of December, and had to wait 3 weeks. However, no customs charge. The envelopes the games were sent in did not display the value of the contents (as it used to) so i'm wondering if that is the reason customs didn't get their hands on them.

Also, i have heard the money limit is €45, not €22. It was in an article in the indepdent i think, and the quote was from a customs official.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

God i hope it is 45.Price was 37.97,i think ill haave a word with the folks in the sorting office,ill be pissed if its been 'lost' but i guess thats life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

It's happened to me so many times with online goods that there just sitting in the sorting office. It's usually in an industrial estate so drop down there and not to the post office itself (always worreid me that all i didi was give my address with no ID or proof of address and they habd me the parcels). I ordered a poster on line before and after 1 month it hadn't arrived so I got them to resend and after another month it hadn't arrived so got my money back. Then 3 months later I get 2 posters in the door! They'd been sitting in the sorting office waiting to be delivered!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I haven't had any post go missing in a long time, it used to be bad but improved so much. And kudos to my local posties, they're really sound and recognise me (probably because I order so much stuff). If he catches me leaving for work he'll flash his lights or wave me over so I can get my package and don't have to pick it up at the sorting office.

When they don't catch me they leave the usual note and I just pick it up at the sorting office, they're always nice there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 themfc

I tried to order some PC games from play.com today and it does not allow. It says the order can only be delivered to a UK address Anyone else have this problem? When did they stop shipping to Ireland?

Similar issue with Amazon.co.uk a while back with games sent to Ireland?

What gives?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

themfc wrote:
    I tried to order some PC games from play.com today and it does not allow. It says the order can only be delivered to a UK address Anyone else have this problem? When did they stop shipping to Ireland?

Similar issue with Amazon.co.uk a while back with games sent to Ireland?

What gives?

Thanks.
    They stopped this a good while a go, no pc or electronic products. They've lost a lot of business from me as I used to buy from Amazon all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought play still shipped PC games to Ireland? Don't you just have to set the currency to euro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Th€y stopp€d this a good whil€ a go, no pc or €l€ctronic products.
    As far as I know, Play hav€ n€v€r shipp€d €l€ctronic goods outsid€ th€ UK. What themfc is r€f€rring to is PC gam€s, i.€. m€dia, not hardwar€.

@ th€mfc, Play will only ship ord€rs to Ir€land if th€ curr€ncy is in €uro's.

YOU CAN STILL BUY GAMES FROM PLAY.COM

• Registered Users Posts: 31 themfc

That's got it! Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Play.com still ship games to Ireland, just got a game from them the other day.
    And as for customs charges, remember that we get our stuff sent from the UK base of Play.com, there are no customs charges for items sent within the EU.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Sorry, I was actually refering to Amazon, didn't mean to quote the whole post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

well i got them to resend it on tuesday so heres hoping ill get two.
    as for the thing about not posting to ireland,i dont think they post in sterling anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,885 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

farohar wrote:
    Play.com still ship games to Ireland, just got a game from them the other day.
    And as for customs charges, remember that we get our stuff sent from the UK base of Play.com, there are no customs charges for items sent within the EU.
    Aren't they sent from Jersey - which is not part of the EU, so customs charges do exist.

Advertisement