Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - beardie just had eggs...

Options
  • 23-01-2007 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Didnt know she was pregnant at all...didnt even seem bulky...
    And now there are eggs! she has laid them on the heat mat

The pet shops are closed, What do we do?? i know they need to be incubated..what can we use though??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jamesobrady

Hey bikki,
    A friend of mines beardies hatched a good while ago.....they had 20 little ones :)
    Afaik you need a proper incubator.... give reptile haven a call and they'll tell you what you need.

Also this site may be of help....
    http://gracefuldragons.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=BeardedDragons&action=display&thread=1131688199

It looks like they're using a polystyrene box with some heat mats in it.....

Fwiw i dont know how long the eggs are "good" before they need to be incubated, for the sake of not getting your hopes up it may well be too late.

On the bright side you obviously have a good breeding pair and can arrange and plan properly for the next time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jamesobrady

Hey bikki,
    A friend of mines beardies hatched a good while ago.....they had 20 little ones :)
    Afaik you need a proper incubator.... give reptile haven a call and they'll tell you what you need.

Also this site may be of help....
    http://gracefuldragons.proboards38.com/index.cgi?board=BeardedDragons&action=display&thread=1131688199

It looks like they're using a polystyrene box with some heat mats in it.....

Fwiw i dont know how long the eggs are "good" before they need to be incubated, for the sake of not getting your hopes up it may well be too late.

On the bright side you obviously have a good breeding pair and can arrange and plan properly for the next time :)

Let me know how you get on eh?

Advertisement