Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FIFA 07 "laggy" on 360

• 23-01-2007 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I have the Xbox 360 a month now and over the last couple of weeks all I've been playing is FIFA. I'd play for 2-3 hours a day, 3 or 4 days a week.

Anyway, I noticed a while back that after playing FIFA for a couple of hours it was like I was playing online on a bad connection even though I wasn't playing online. The game would get slow and jumpy. This was only sometimes in each match. It has been getting worse though and last week the game froze and I had to use the power button to switch it off. Last night I had to stop playing as the lag was terrible and today it's getting laggy after 15 minutes.

While the console was on for few hours last night I put in PGR3 to see if I could notice any problems with that. All that happened with that was a "please connect controller" message about 5 times in a row during a race. I notice that my controller has to search for the computer regularly (the lights start flashing) even though it's right in front of it. Anyway, that's a seperate issue.

The disc isn't scratched and seems fine. My Xbox is very noisy. Not just the fan. It is constantly making a noise like a skipping disc or a 10 year old PC processer. The discs are also hot when I take them out of the console.

The problem is obviously either the console or the disc. Is there any way I can find out which one?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

*bump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Was the whole game lagging i.e. the graphics, or just the controls? Maybe you just need to charge the controller?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Defo sounds like controls need a charging to me mate, either that or (god forbid) xbox is ****ed...

Yeah it's the graphics. It's hard to explain. An example is the ball could just magically appear in another part of the pitch. :) The game is much slower after 3 hours of the Xbox being on.

btw - I have 2 controllers and they're battery powered.

I guess I'll have to give it another week and see how bad it gets.

Well if it only starts to appear after a few hours gaming then I suppose over heating is the most logical explanation. Is your 360 well ventilated?

• Advertisement

Well if it only starts to appear after a few hours gaming then I suppose over heating is the most logical explanation. Is your 360 well ventilated?
    Yeah, I make sure not to put anything on top of it and it's in a pretty open space.

eirebhoy wrote:
    The disc isn't scratched and seems fine. My Xbox is very noisy. Not just the fan. It is constantly making a noise like a skipping disc or a 10 year old PC processer. The discs are also hot when I take them out of the console.
    Could anyone tell me if this is normal or should I be only hearing a noisy fan?

It's pretty unplayable now. When I go in for a tackle in the game it's most noticeable which is strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Any problems with any other games? Or just FIFA? When did you buy it.. ?

And more to the point, have you played me yet? ;)

I've never had problems with other games but I haven't played them in weeks. I played about 4-5 hours of FIFA in the last week. I'll get to play it a lot more in about a months time but for now I just want to find out the answer to the 2 questions (noise, heat). :)

It's hard to tell whether the noise is normal or not (without hearing it), a 360 is pretty noisy at the best of times! The hot discs question is also difficult to answer as it's not uncommon for a disc to be warm after playing (so again it depends just how hot it is).

Oh and I also suggest you try playig some other games instead. This'll tell you whether teh problem is exclusive to Fifa or not.

• Advertisement

The noise is something that you'd probably know what I was talking about instantly if all Xbox's had it. It's not the fan, put it that way. :)

How do I go about applying for a repair under warranty?

Advertisement