Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Customer care hanging up.......ffs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I worked for a call centre for a few weeks and *everything* was scripted. I cannot imagine that this is not the case with BT.

Along the lines of: "Hello and thank you for calling [INSERT COMPANY NAME], My name is [STATE YOUR NAME], how may I assist you today."

All call centres will have targets, that hardly excuses this behaviour.
    I'd ask for the rep's name at the beginning of the converstation and state that if the line is 'dropped' for any reason that you will be calling back and asking for them personally by name the next time.

I always do. While onto BT I did try and complain one of there reps but when I did the rep I was onto headed me off at the pass by saying "oh, we don't have a guy called Paul (or whatever) working here".

Customer service in the Republic can poor but this BT call centre which is in the North is the worst customer service I have ever come across.

Advertisement