Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD v Trinity Debate cancelled due to security concerns

Options
  • 23-01-2007 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else see the notices? I thought someone wouldve posted this by now. Supposedly it was cancelled due to safety fears and the debate will be rescheduled with added security:)

I guess old rivalries die hard :D

Comments

In UCD or in Trinity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

it was due to be in ucd.I was going to go to it.....o well another debate cancelled **yawn**

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

The L&H Colours is scheduled to be on next Wednesday the 31st, all going well.

Nope, we're not doing it to be spiteful, ours was on our debate calendar for this week since the start of the year and Lawsoc decided to have theirs the day before. Either way, should be a Colours next week for those of you who were disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

That sounds a bit suspect - why would there be 'safety fears' at a debate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Colours is the annual verbal grudge match between UCD and Trinity. People roar and throw things. We insult each other's mothers and such. It's been known to get out of hand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

It took everyone by surprise. The Societies officer, at the last minute, felt there should be more security and cancelled it.

The LawSoc Colours will be going ahead at a later date! Don't you worry!

Advertisement