Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Victoriassecret.com

• 23-01-2007 8:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever ordered from Victoriassecret.com ? I love to look at all the gorgeous underwear on there, but the shipping looks expensive. Has anyone done it? Or is there anywhere else to order their stuff online (besides eBay, because that just seems gross).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Haven't bought from it myself but have friends who have...well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The quality of the stuff there is very good, worth buying if you see something you like. I got a few items when I was in Ireland but sure there is a shop in town now so I don't need to go online, just bring wifeh along. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭~nop~

Wheres the shop in town now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't live in Ireland, in the US. Sorreh. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Yes, they're great. Plenty of choice in sizes, styles etc, and they often have special offers when you buy more than 1 of the same style. The Emma colection is a personal favorite ! I found prices good when converting back to Euro, but don't know the rate at the moment. Also, don't forget additional Tax on your delivery, the Irish Gov. turn out to be fairly clever, at times :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 mazzyk

I buy tons of VS stuff when I visit the USA so I did use their website once as I thought it was so handy. But as Minfadlek mentioned, after I had received the parcel, I then received an invoice for the tax! It didn't work out to be such a bargain, after International shipping and the extra tax! :(

So now I don't bother, and just go shopping when I've over in US! More fun anyway! It's a shame really - I first started shopping there in the early 90's when I lived there and I just thought it would be a matter of time before they opened stores over here but they never did... Perhaps one day ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Faith is in the UK. Maybe the tax man there isn't as efficient at following up?

I get some stuff there when I'm in the USA but I've found it doesn't last very long. I'm hard on underwear though, it must be said.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The shipping stills seems to be about $20 though, and considering my current financial situation, I might leave it!

I just remembered that I'll be in the US for the summer, so I can stock up then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

The import tax thing is a killer. The best thing that you can do is really order online from ebay. What you are looking for is NWT (new with tags) from ebay and it works out pretty ok. I've ordered victorias secret clothes from ebay sellers with tags and they have been perfect. Unfortunately VS doesn't make bras big enough for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

Rogueish wrote:
    Unfortunately VS doesn't make bras big enough for me :(

I get BIG (Diasy Dukes) from them, and find their larger stuff great... ?!!
    Got some stuff recently sent to rural France, and haven't got any tax bill yet :)

Also, be careful in the US, as the stores don't always have the same stuff as the website... I was v dissapointed last time in one of their stores :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm guessing that guys posting...erm..aren't buying that stuff for themselves? :eek:

What do most women do? Do they buy, like, stuff for their men as well at such places (perish the thought!), or do they go to Black and Decker and pick up the new adze or something?:)

Advertisement