Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

error 10047 when d/l torrent

• 23-01-2007 9:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Wen i go to download a torrent i get an error message "coulnt listen 10047 address family not supported.

I've ran winsock fix and still the same error message.
    I have uninstalled bit tornado and reinstalled it but still the same.
    Also got this explanation on google gut i dont understand :

WSAEAFNOSUPPORT (10047) Address family not supported by protocol family.
    An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used. All sockets are created with an associated "address family" (i.e., AF_INET for Internet protocols) and a generic protocol type (i.e., SOCK_STREAM). This error is returned if an incorrect protocol is explicitly requested in the socket() call or if an address of the wrong family is used for a socket; e.g., in sendto

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I dont know this particular Torrent client and this particular error message but it looks like your NAT has not been setup properly.
    It looks like your client is listen on a private IP range such as 192.168.x.y or 172.16.x.y...and is not directly accessible from internet without a proper NAT conf.

Make such external traffic on port 10490 (Or else) is redirected from your internet modem/router to local port on your torrent client.

Myself I use Azureus, it is really good and stable.

Advertisement