Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steps involved

Options
  • 23-01-2007 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

OK, already my head is melted. I just can't seem to figure what is the correct sequence to follow for self build.

I currently have a house which I will need to sell to release the equity in it to self build. Can anyone tell me what step they took, something like

1) Find site and place deposit
    2) Draw plans and look for permission and price the build
    3) Get permission
    4) Sell house
    5) Rent House while building
    6) Get finance approval, if needed

Obviously each step will have further steps but can any critique this? Also, it seems to be that I will be excempt from Stamp Duty, is this the case for most self builds with a floor certificate?
    e.g value of land 200,000 + value of build-VAT of say, 200,000 divided by 4 = 100K which is below the 127K Stamp duty mark - is this correct?

Sorry for the long winded post, by my head is f**ed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

azzeretti wrote:
    1) Find site and place deposit

Subject to obtaining planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭secman

Don't know where you got that formula for stamp duty ! Thank God its much more simple than that ! Its simply based on cost of land, the cost of building has no bearing what so ever. Look up Revenue.ie for the rates, like houses they are scaled.

Advertisement