Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freecom/Iomega External Hard drives?

• 23-01-2007 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

looking at getting a new USB external drive. Choice is vast. Anyway saw on dabs a 160GB Freecom for 87€ and also a Iomega 320GB for 114€ (both ex delivery).

Now I know a big difference in size but whats the opinions on Freecom or Iomega Drives? ( I have been told LaCie arent great so crossed them off the list)

Or am I better staying to a Western Digital?

(not sure if this should be in upgrading/building forum)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

My experience so far:

Freecom - very reliable. I have an 80gb portable pocket drive usb powered.
    And a 400gb external, also excellent.
    No problems with either.
    Heat is absolutely no worries with the portable one, the bigger external one doesn't run hot either.
    They are Samsung HDDs.

I had a LaCie 250gb a few years ago and it died after 6 months - overheating in it's enclosure. I managed to rescue the disk and stuck it in an old desktop.
    It was a Maxtor HDD.

I would recomend Freecom - in my experience they are very solid drives and good value.

(I got the 400gb in PC World about 2 months ago for €150)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I have a Freecom and a few colleagues also have a Freecom. All very reliable. Recommended.

Advertisement