Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laving Cert Italian

Options
  • 23-01-2007 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I'm wondring if it's worth my while doing Italian for the LC. I've just taken it up this year and am finding it fairly easy so far because I did French for the JC. I've heard that because so few people take Italian that the exam is much easier than the French and German exams. If anyone here has done or is doing Leaving Cert Italian is it difficult, and would it be possible to get an A1 with only three years study done?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

It's all down to whether you are good at/like learning languages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd say go onto examinations.ie, check out some past Italian LC papers and see how high the standard is. Glancing at it it seems to involve prescribed texts which would suggest it's a higher standard than French...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

languages aren't a strong point of mine, but I managed an A2 in Italian with 3 years of study. The paper is grand and seems to be a lot easier than French. If you have a good teacher it makes a huge difference, because I don't think there's a textbook per se. We had some great texts that our teacher reccomeneded. One of them is called 'Saluti' by Derek Aust which you can get on amazon.co.uk.
    Another book we used was 'Bravissimo' by Katerinov, which you can get from the same website.
    If you are doing the novel, search the internet for 2nd hand English translations, cos you can sometimes find them. Defo do the novel if you can still write your answer to the novel question in English!

Advertisement