Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash8 newbie - action script.

Options
  • 24-01-2007 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I have a flash banner with some text on it. I have it set to 'transition in' over 30 frames. What I can't seem to do is stop the bloody thing from repeating. If I choose the action script 'stop' it applies this to all thirty frames. What do I need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Insert a keyframe at the end of the transition, ie frame 31. Add the stop; command to the frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Might be best making the keyframe on a new layer also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Ok, I have inserted a keyframe on frame 31 on a new layer. Whilst this does stop the 'transition' from repeating, it also leaves me with a blank stage. I want the text to transition in - then the last keyframe of the transition to remain on screen. If I try to copy and paste it, I copy the whole transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think that was a typo - it should be stopping at frame 30 in that case. The stop(); function should be called at frame 30. Hence everything you see at frame 30 will stay paused on screen (unless you have called animated movies at frame 30 of course).

Gordon wrote:
    I think that was a typo - it should be stopping at frame 30 in that case. The stop(); function should be called at frame 30. Hence everything you see at frame 30 will stay paused on screen (unless you have called animated movies at frame 30 of course).
    Yeah - thats logical - and thats what I tried initially. However, due to the fact that once I select for the text to 'transition in' over 30 frames - if i try to set the stop function on frame 30 - its treating 1-30 as one entity. As a result, the text doesnt 'transition in' at all - and i'm left with a blank screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I get ya Eurorunner. Ive never used transitions, I normally just do it manually. i.e.

Greate your text, convert it to a symbol. On frame 0, set its alpha value to 0%. then on frame 30 set it to 100% and add a motion tween in between.

Im sure somebody will be able to help you with the transition but the above will do it no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

you can email it to me if you want and i will take a look at it
    cormacmoylan @ gmail.com

Thanks for that cormac. Email sent.

Advertisement