Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mp3 file normalizer?

• 24-01-2007 12:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good (preferably excellent!) mp3 normalizer? Something that can adjust the volume of a batch of mp3s to make them all the same level? (Not iTunes thanks :) )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

MediaMonkey will do this if memory serves. Not currently installed on my PC so cannot check for you, but I'm pretty sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Looks good, I'll give it a shot, thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Zapho wrote:
    Can anyone recommend a good (preferably excellent!) mp3 normalizer? Something that can adjust the volume of a batch of mp3s to make them all the same level? (Not iTunes thanks :) )

sound forge is excellent for normalization but normalization can affect the quality of pootly recorded music thats the only thing.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I was worried about that actually.Well the best I can do is back everything up. I've used sound forge before, but never tried to do a batch normalization with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Mp3Gain might be useful. It only affects the tags of mp3 files, and not the files themselves, so it's reversible if anything goes wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

I'll second Mp3Gain I use it all the time and its free:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Asva

Any mp3 editing software program would render this work. Suggests FlexiMusic Wave Editor. From the menu choose the "Volume" in which, where in, select the "Simple Compress/ expand" option to opt the percentage of the volume for the entire mp3 file. Suggest that choosing 85% of volume would be optimum for the entire mp3 file.

Advertisement