Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!!!asap!!!

Options
  • 24-01-2007 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭

ok so ive done my leaving (twice to be exact) and ive gone to college up until xmas and dropped out!!!it was a terrible course and i was too far away from home etc etc. does CAO change for em in any way watsoever?? i have my letter from the college and all but will i know if i got in beofre the leaving cert students because they already know my results???
    and one final point does anyone know if ill have to pay fees because ive already gone to college??
    thanx a mil xxxx

Comments

flynnser19 wrote:
    ok so ive done my leaving (twice to be exact) and ive gone to college up until xmas and dropped out!!!it was a terrible course and i was too far away from home etc etc. does CAO change for em in any way watsoever??

I've no idea what this question means - not trying to be smart, but if you drop out, it's up to you. You drop out from the college and if you have filled out a form they'll do the rest.
    i have my letter from the college and all but will i know if i got in beofre the leaving cert students because they already know my results???

If you're applying through the CAO, you have to wait until the points for the various courses come out (so the 18th or so of August), no different - if you're applying as a mature student, then it's slightly different and I think you find out earlier to anyone else (except maybe international students) , but I'm open to correction on that.
    and one final point does anyone know if ill have to pay fees because ive already gone to college??
    thanx a mil xxxx

If you dropped out after half a year in college, you should only pay for one half of the cost for one year in your new college, and the government will pick up the tab for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

ok thanks a million!!!i wasnt asking wether to drop out coz ive already dropped out!!i was asin ya does CAO change for me since i dropped out of my course but u've answered everything now thanx a mil!!!xx

Advertisement