Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English - Your Favourite Poet?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

All changed, changed utterly.
    A terrible beauty is born.

But yeah, Yeats did seriously need to get laid...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

As did Kavanagh

But yeah, like, Yeats did love to propose!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

md99 wrote:

As did Kavanagh

But yeah, like, Yeats did love to propose!

[I'm not coming back]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

L2joke mate. You won't get far on these boards if you're going to start flaming peeps every time they make a joke. Lighten up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

No, I chose to take a cynical look to every poet trying to take out any bit of humour i can. I call it: piss-taking.

• Advertisement

Obviously Yeats and Kavanagh couldn't have posted on a forum, the internet having yet to be invented for them! But I'm sure they would have, had they the chance. Or would they have held back, and realised I'm going to be a famous poet one day! I won't succumb to modern technology!

'filthy psuedo-intellects...'

Talk about jumping to conclusions, from one or two posts about a poet. You've got problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fantacan

I can picture them as more the chatroom type:

hotpoet4u (a.k.a yeats): Any1 wanna chat with sexy love torn irish poet 118/m/Sligo press 555

deathtculchies (a.k.a kavannah): culchies suck! any1 agree?

gothqueen (a.k.a plath): i'm gna kill myself............yeah........tonight. And u'll all be here when i do...................yup, me, kill.........myself. doesnt anyone care?!?

lesbopoet (a.k.a. bishop): I caught a tremenduous fish today!!!! I know it has nothing to do with anything but y'know just thought I'd push the boat out and see what people think.....y'know!

cotwold Ugh, news flash so do you. Get over your selves, I am infinately greater than anyone who posts in this chat room. You're all a filthy bunch of pseudo-intellects that need to get some hobbies, take up model making for god sake anything to save us from this forlawn preceding drival. If this earns me a ban it'll have been worth it...........oh god I'm such a rebel! Wait till i tell all my internet friends about this!!

Everyone in chorus: Get a life cotwold!! Or at least a sense of humour!

fantacan wrote:
    cotwold Ugh, news flash so do you. Get over your selves, I am infinately greater than anyone who posts in this chat room. You're all a filthy bunch of pseudo-intellects that need to get some hobbies, take up model making for god sake anything to save us from this forlawn preceding drival. If this earns me a ban it'll have been worth it...........oh god I'm such a rebel! Wait till i tell all my internet friends about this!!

Everyone in chorus: Get a life cotwold!! Or at least a sense of humour!

Yeah, typical attitude, oh my God two people who actually don't hate poetry, they MUST be geeks.... Let's "flame" them and gain internet-respect :rolleyes:

If your real life skills with people are anything like your internet skills, cotwold, it's no wonder you look to message boards for respect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Just need to point out that a poetry lover is more commonly associated with the term "Nerd" which is indicative of an Individual who is highly, almost obsessively concerned with academia/hobbies to the extent that no benefit is acquired from the area.

A "Geek" In comparison is an individual interested mainly in one sole area of study/interest(Cars, Tech etc.)
    where the knowledge gained is applied indirectly or directly to benefit the individuals life.
    Geeks generally aren't socially inept just to add.

(off topic but I am a little bored:))

***Flame if you wish:) ***

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

[Goodbye and God bless]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

For the sake of humanity, I'm locking this thread. and banning cotwold

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement