Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed

• 24-01-2007 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

right so,

I've just moved out of home for the first time and im living with three other lads. I've always been ok at cooking but i can only do real bloke food.simple stuff like home made curries and spag bol.

Im looking to make more homely stuff so if anyone has a real simple potato grattan recipe or a simple cottage pie recipe it'd be much appreciated.I get home late from work so i just want stuff that takes minimal effort but tastes really good and comforting

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Best of luck in the big, bad world on your own. :D
    There's a thread in this forum for Easy Peasy Recipes - that would be a good place to start looking for what you want.

If you're still stuck for ideas after a look through there - let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

i've been a lurker on this board for a while now and have obtained some very handy tips(like cooking a very successful carbonara recently)but its an easy way of doing grattan im particulary after.i know the basic ingredients and stuff but due to time constraints i'd pretty much be screwed if i messed it up and had to cook it again because i'd be eating when my body would usually be sleeping and i'd probably wake up at my kitchen table with my head in a bowl! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

ah just checked again there IS a grattan recipe there sorry hill billy.i blame my lack of coffee for the poor form!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

No need to apologise.

If you're looking for a recipe - check out the myriad of sites in theFood & Drink web links thread. It may be quicker than waiting for a response here.

However, if you're looking for a recipe tried & trusted by a boardsie - here would be the best spot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 jancav

potato gratin is really easy to make.

All you do is slice the spuds into half centimetre slices. Then you layer them in a pyrex dish with milk, cheese, salt and pepper. go easy on the cheese, milk, salt and pepper, there should be just enough milk and cheese to have a little on each piece of potato, and a tiny sprinkle of salt and pepper on each layer. Then you put a fair bit of cheese on the top, and stick it in the oven at 180C for about 45 mins to an hour. Keep an eye on it, and check the cheese isn't burning. When you can stick an ordinary knife in it and it goes through the potato easily, it's done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭elliebn

Hi kev22185 - not sure if you are a fan of lasagne but i have added a recipe to the easy peasy thread.

Advertisement