Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need LOS for Digiweb METRO?

Options
  • 24-01-2007 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I don't use the internet very much, I am not in this house for a large portion of the year (several months), and speed isn't important to me (as long as it is at least as fast as dial-up) so the most important factor for me is the monthly rental. I am thus considering three possibilities: BT (Eur 35 incl. line rental), Digiweb METRO (Eur 19.99 incl. line rental), and Imagine (Eur 9.99 not incl. line rental). I don't really like Imagine for some reason, so let's ignore that one. That leaves BT and Digiweb METRO.

Digiweb METRO is quite a bit cheaper (Eur 15 per month cheaper) than BT, but there are several issues that I am concerned about:

1. Calls seem to be quite a bit more expensive than BT, and even eircom in some circumstances (local off-peak calls and national weekend calls, for instance).

2. No phone during power cut and no current fax capability are a bit of a nuisance.

3. Eur 50 charge to keep my current phone number

4. They have to stick a box on the outside of my house, so if I decide to cancel it after a year I am going to have some holes in my wall.

5. I put in my town (Dalkey, Co. Dublin) into their coverage indicator thing and it says that I can receive Digiweb METRO, but even though I am within range, do I need Line of Sight to their mast? I am surrounded by tall trees, so that could be a problem if I do.

6. It says there can be a delay of several seconds before a call is placed, which again is a bit of a nuisance.

7. Is there any deterioration of call quality during bad weather/peak time?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement