Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripptoe Journal

Options
  • 24-01-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've been training for about two months now so I have decided to make a proper go of it. I'm looking for strength more than muscle tbh. I.e. don't really want to bulk up, just tone up and get strong, so I've decided Ripptoe was the way to go.

Started Monday
    All weights include the bar @20kg
    Weight : about 17st

Squat:90kg x 5 x 3
    Bench:57.5kg x 5 x 3
    Deadlift:115kgx 5 x 3

I was happy enough with this. As usual a poor bench but it can only inprove. At least I'm getting away from my fear of the barbell :) I've read the FAQ on bb.com so I've decided to follow that and not add any accessory excercises for a while ( 2 weeks ) It does feel really weird going in and only using the BB, certainly get a few looks..

I could of added more to these excercises: 10, 5 and 10 respectively but I want to get the technique down.

Last time I checked I had about 22% bf ( ugh ) which was about 2 months ago, but my diet is right on track now. I'm also doing a small bit of LI cardio (cycling )on my off days. I'm careful now to tire my legs out because squats don't like tired legs :)

I'm doing the other split today ( Squats, Mil Press, and Pendlay Rows ) so I'll let you know how I get on.

Just for those interested, I'm not doing the power cleans because I don't have a trainer to show me how to do them and tbh I think I know as much as the instructers. And no chins because I can't do them ( baby steps :D )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

DamienH wrote:
    And no chins because I can't do them ( baby steps :D)

If you can't do full chins and can't do assisted ones try something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM-b4qOOWsE&mode=user&search=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

ya they were exactly the ones I'll bring in after 2 weeks-ish.

Ohh ya deadlifts are 3 sets of 1 not 5

Just back from the gym there

All weights include the bar @20kg

Squats 3x5 @ 95kg
    Overhead press 3x5 @ 35kg
    Pendlay Rows 3x5 @ 55kg

Was happy enought today with that.

I was surprised at how hard the standing mil presses are. Much harder than seated with DB. Anyway next update friday

Squat:100kg x 5 x 3
    Bench:60kg x 5 x 3
    Deadlift:120kgx 1 x 3

Advertisement