Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airport Road - upgrade!

• 24-01-2007 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Okay don't get too excited work does'nt begin till the summer but finally a budget has been committed to wretched thing - 3 million of government loot.

Also the city council have finally spread a new surface over the top of the Old Tramore rd from Avondale estate to the section that was re-aligned when the ORR was built. At last.

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

mike65 wrote:
    Okay don't get too excited work does'nt begin till the summer but finally a budget has been committed to wretched thing - 3 million of government loot.

Also the city council have finally spread a new surface over the top of the Old Tramore rd from Avondale estate to the section that was re-aligned when the ORR was built. At last.

Finally our problems are being sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

That stretch from Avondale to the Ring Road is an absolute nightmare and it's about time they fill in the pot holes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I notice 4 million is earmarked for 'the Clayboy Road' can't figure where that would be spent unless they mean the road past Genzyme and out the Old Kilmeaden Road which is in poor shape.

Also the N9 upgrade to Knocktopher is starting/has started (not sure which).

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Its all very well to build a lovely road to the airport.. but what if you dont want to go to the UK or France?

Where are the flights to Dublin and Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats not the councils fault! :p

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

mike65 wrote:
    Thats not the councils fault! :p

Mike.

I didnt say it was! I just hope others follow the councils lead and spend capital funds in a way we all benefit from.. and the gift of the gab to get an airline to run a service to the capital too would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

mike65 wrote:
    Also the N9 upgrade to Knocktopher is starting/has started (not sure which).

Mike

i think the 'turning of the sod' is supposed to be on the 12th of february

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Trotter wrote:
    I didnt say it was! I just hope others follow the councils lead and spend capital funds in a way we all benefit from.. and the gift of the gab to get an airline to run a service to the capital too would be nice.

For various bull****, EU funding type reasons, Waterford is the only regional airport that does not have a subsidised (PSO) route to Dublin. That's a separate problem.

As for the lack of flights or whatever. None of the three international airports are at Waterford (obviously), so if you want to go to more than a few places your choices are, drive/train/bus to Cork/Dublin OR fly ex-Waterford and change at London Luton or Manchester. It could be a lot worse. :)

Besides rumour has it we're getting a few good holiday locations soon. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

They really need to do up the six cross roads it caused me to crash my car because of a large pothole which sent the car out of control and into a ditch. I'm not the only one i've seen two other cars in the last month involved in crashes on the same stretch - one in the exact same place as I crashed. The surface is a joke, especially now as there is so much mud on it which is skiddy on cold mornings and it wouldnt be much effort to straighten out the road and widen it a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

kano476 wrote:
    They really need to do up the six cross roads it caused me to crash my car because of a large pothole which sent the car out of control and into a ditch.

You mean the big pothole on the left as you come from the roundabout down towards the entrance to the business park? The one I hit, and which caused me to lose a hubcap plus €40 to have my wheels rebalanced? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

past the business park across from the new housing estate right on that corner that shouldnt be a corner. its like a subsidance that startches halfway across the road. that feckin road is doing some damage to cars!

Advertisement