Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Well.. just tried to access SIS. The UCD connect system, SIS and even email are all dying.

Ah UCD IT, so wonderfully good at what they do.

(OK, in fairness it's possible that UCD doesn't spend enough on their infrastructure. But the evidence of ineptness is stacking up..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Student Information Degree: Commerce (BComm)
    Semester One GPA: 3.68

Business Law

B+
    Financial Accounting 2
    D
    Ops and SCM
    A+
    Corporate Finance
    A+
    Marketing
    A-
    Information Skills and Compute
    A+

and according to
    GPA

Greater than or equal to 3.68 - First Class Honours
    From 3.08 to 3.67 inclusive - Second Class Honours, Grade 1
    From 2.48 to 3.07 inclusive - Second Class Honours, Grade 2
    From 2.00 to 2.47 inclusive - Pass

I'm a First Class Honours sorta guy. Sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I failed two. Thats far worse than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

Semester 1 Stage 1 - Results not yet available :mad:

WFT?? Others have theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Remember peeps, if UCD connect is down for you, simply use the backdoor into SIS:

try https://sisweb.ucd.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

has anyone in final year politics got theirs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

This sucks donkey balls, I've no nails left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dazman2250

WTF, the link for examination results has returned but I only have the option to check last years results, anyone know whether third arts (History/politics) will be going up, as far as i'm concerned im a modular student

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Critical Readings C+

Children's Literature B

Barbarism and Christianity C+

Comparative Revolutions C-

Introduction to Psychology C

Well chuffed with the Comparative Revolutions as I COMPLETELY ****ed up the question in the exam and answered it wrongly, thank god for doing good essays. Ended up with a GPA of 2.98, not bad seeing as I'm a lowly first year who's done no work for the year so far bar an hour studying before the Barbarism and Christianity exam..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

No third Arts students have got theirs yet. If UCD would spent money on employing people to upload the results, rather than a submarine to clean the lake or electric swans, this waiting would all be over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭JimmNeutron

First year science......Three A's, Two B's and one C. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Does anyone else get the feeling that final year semi-modularised students wont be receiving their results in the same manner as everyone else in the WHOLE college!?!

Personally I would prefer to have been forced into complete modularisation rather than be completely excluded from getting my results on time, and in an organised fashion!!!! The lack of information on the UCD site for semi-modularised students is appaling, regarding repeats and grading systems, etc! The departments hardly know what is going on with us either! Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

your a 3rd year and youre surprised when your results arent up on time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Yea, no final year history/politics results yet either. Yer man aonghus in the politics dept said they wouldn't be out til february and Dr Cox in the history dept said the end of the week... so who knows, all i know is they'll probably never come out cos they f@#k our year about so much!

i just rang the politics dept and he said they would be out early in the morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Agh, results aren't up for me yet. And some notice on Blackboard telling me I won't get them til next week. Grr...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Mine turned out, thankfully, the same as the ones I got through the loophole, so I got an overall first. Very happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

tintinr35 wrote:
    i just rang the politics dept and he said they would be out early in the morning!!

Thank you so much for that!

Though I am bitter that everyone else has results except final years. God knows when history will arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Steibhin

Will anyone be able to tell us WHY the final year arts results are not out? Its just not good enough. I wonder does the Shanghai Index measure this kind of thing. Admin and staff in UCD love keeping students in the dark. If they jsut explained the problems we might understand, but no - keep the plebs ignorant!

Silly people run this university and our education (and the 'prestige' of UCD) is suffering as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Autopilot

Has anyone spoke to the history department today? this is crazy :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

I passed 5 of my modules and got an E in one. Basically what I was expecting. Is there any way to get over the E?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Does anyone else get the feeling that final year semi-modularised students wont be receiving their results in the same manner as everyone else in the WHOLE college!?!

Yeah I'm in final year too and I've heard rumours from lecturers that we're going to receive them the old fashioned way, something about the system being unable to cope with the idea that we're semi-modularised. All the worst bits of modularsisation without any of the benefits.. yay!

I am consistently amazed by the way they've managed to f*ck this up at every stage of the process, from the time they first told us about the changes to the time we get our first results. 'Tis not rocket science, y'know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

No non-modularised med results out yet!
    So frustrating!Sometimes I wish we could go back to the day when they just put them up on the noticeboard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 PrincessFiona

What does G mean? And how's it worse than an F??!!!
    Good God!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

Has anyone got final years economics yet? Do we know how and when we're going to get them? It says results not available yet on my SIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

So does anybody know anything about repeats for 3rd year arts students? I'm fairly sure I failed one class, and there was no exam for that... just a really long essay which I handed in late and was crap so I'd be amazed if I got anywhere near a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

eh why dont they give me a grade for my optional elective :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

why don't they give me grades full stop? VERY ANNOYING

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Any word on BBLS3 or 4 and the fates of Hullabaloo, after his mí-ádh with the number of questions, or p_larkin99, him what I lived with?

**Edit: never mind Paul, I'll get you again. I know that 3rd Law, being non-modular, aren't out, and I have a rather irate g/f as a result...

• Advertisement

if your not modularised then ucd does not give a ****, one of our lecturers described our year as the one that UCD forgot about!! its bollox really!!

Advertisement