Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BMcG05

dazman2250 wrote:
    WTF, the link for examination results has returned but I only have the option to check last years results, anyone know whether third arts (History/politics) will be going up, as far as i'm concerned im a modular student

Im in the exact same boat. Wtf! Where are our results (politics and economics 3rd)

Anyone have any idea why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Any word on BBLS3 or 4 and the fates of Hullabaloo, after his mí-ádh with the number of questions, or p_larkin99, him what I lived with?

Read you fool!!!

that's a polite no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Tan Princess

If the results aren't on SIS now does that mean they won't be up tonight?

If the results aren't on SIS now does that mean they won't be up tonight?

I can only presume so. Well done UCD...yet another proud moment justifying this farcical modular system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

the best information i get about anything in ucd is on boards, says it all really!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Sad but SO true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

COMP 10080 Information & Comms Technology A+
    GEOG 20010 Europe A-
    GEOG 20020 Cultural Geography C+
    GEOG 20030 Geographical Skills/Techniques A-
    IS 20010 Find Info in Everyday Contexts B
    IS 20020 Org & Retrieval of Info B

GPA 3.6

****ing sexy stuff!!! :) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

Its Brady's revenge for when the union kicked up about us final years being fully modularised.... I bloody WISH we were fully modularised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I got mine back,same as when with the loophole but I noticed one thing

I got 0 marks for my tutorials,in Matrices and Vectors,but I went to 3 tutorials and got full marks for each so I should've got 60% for that :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

No sign of 4BBLS results - irritation.

• Advertisement

Vector Calculus A+
    Vector Spaces and Coding A
    Calculus of Several Variables A+
    Electromagnetism and Optics A+
    Introductory Quantum Mechanics A+
    Analytical & Quantum Mechanics A-

GPA 4.1.

Hoorah for geeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've given up all hope of UCD every giving a damn about non modularised students, or indeed transitionally modularised students. Sure if it wasn't for the Health Sciences PRO (smashing job) I wouldn't be getting my results until April as they had been planning to put my results in the office and I'm out of the country.

It it unsurprising really considering the year I've had in college and the screw ups that have happened. The fact that UCD didn't think to make it clear that results for non modularised students wouldn't be on sis web is just typical of this.

Interestingly enough did they every bother to check about the Data Protection Act, if I remember correctly exam results are put on SIS web in order to comply with this Act yet results are being placed on notice boards and blackboard????? Seems to me that aswell as not giving a damn about us older years they no longer seem to think that the legislation also applies to us....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Hang on, final year results not on SIS?
    Where will they be? I've never seen results on noticeboards for art history?
    I'll ask in office tommorrow. Bah, i'm not too worried about it but i'd like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

It's not the fact that we didnt get our results today that bothers me. It's just the total lack of any information on when we will get them. It's just so frustrating being told absolutely nothing.

beanyb wrote:
    It's not the fact that we didnt get our results today that bothers me. It's just the total lack of any information on when we will get them. It's just so frustrating being told absolutely nothing.

agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

i agree,
    especially since on the login page of sis it tells postgrads, science students and modular students what the story is with theirs, we are just being ****ed around AGAIN and again and no one seems to be bothered sticking up for us, should our student reps not be ensuring everyone is treated fairly by the college, final year and non modular students are being forgotten about by the college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Ah to be fair its not Brady's fault. The exams office has always been terrible...since the first exams in first year they've been screwing me over!

Also it seems the delay for B&L, Law and Commerce are for internal faculty/school things?

But still...

COMPLETE BOLLOX!

Why should first years have them and final years not??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

tintinr35 wrote:
    i agree,
    especially since on the login page of sis it tells postgrads, science students and modular students what the story is with theirs, we are just being ****ed around AGAIN and again and no one seems to be bothered sticking up for us, should our student reps not be ensuring everyone is treated fairly by the college, final year and non modular students are being forgotten about by the college!

first i was told by admin that us 3rd years "weren't fully modularised". so even though we have no choice but to have exams at xmas, we shouldnt expect our results before June! the cheek!

then my friend was told by my department that our results would be posted on the noticeboard outside the office, by 5pm. (please note that if the results arent up at 5.10pm you have nowhere to give out about because the staff has gone HOME!!!)

then my class rep told me not to expect the results today, that it'd be lucky at all if we got our results this week. he even told me one of our lecturers hadnt finshed correcting our results!!!

then i personally went upto the department and they said that the results wouldnt be up today, should be up this week.

MY RESULTS ARE SOMEWHERE IN THE F*CKIN COLLEGE! GIVE THEM TO ME!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dazman2250

I agree with the sentiments of everyone above, if i had known my results wern't going to be out today, I wouldn't really have cared. But, presuming I was included under the umbrella of a 'modularised student' I sat around all evening waiting for them only to find out (on boards.ie) that the lower years had been given precedence over third years. There is in fact no date whatsover for the release of third year results anywhere on the website or in the college.

DISGRACE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

dazman2250 wrote:
    There is in fact no date whatsover for the release of third year results anywhere on the website or in the college.

DISGRACE.

yeah... i'm third chemistry. last week a lecturer mentioned the results would be out today. but of course... no sign.

• Advertisement

TheVan wrote:
    Why should first years have them and final years not??

This is exactly it. If ANYTHING we should have had our results prior to the start of college so as, if needed be, we could take up extra subjects to cover lost ground.

I know every year in college is important blah, blah, blah but why the fu ck is everyone else treated ok and us final years are treaten like ****? I simply will not stand for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Got my core module results (semi-modularised 3rd year) but none of my option modules.

I suspect I only got my core results because Pharmacology have their act somewhat together and give a sh1t about their students.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Even though i'm in third year i expected to get them yesterday becuse i took a second year module.
    And the art history receptionist doesn't work tuesdays so i can't ask. Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

This is just typical UCD. I'll be writing a letter of complaint. It'll include the line 'couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery' somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Iamboesky

Typical bloody Lazy faculty working in a cushy government funded 9 to 5, who actually only work for about 6months a year, man UCD really needs a taste of private sector efficiency!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

According to the departmental offices; History results will be out in "the next couple of days" and Politics results will be out at some stage today. Neither will be online, they will post the results on noticeboards on the respective corridors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

first i was told by admin that us 3rd years "weren't fully modularised". so even though we have no choice but to have exams at xmas, we shouldnt expect our results before June! the cheek!

then my friend was told by my department that our results would be posted on the noticeboard outside the office, by 5pm. (please note that if the results arent up at 5.10pm you have nowhere to give out about because the staff has gone HOME!!!)

then my class rep told me not to expect the results today, that it'd be lucky at all if we got our results this week. he even told me one of our lecturers hadnt finshed correcting our results!!!

then i personally went upto the department and they said that the results wouldnt be up today, should be up this week.

MY RESULTS ARE SOMEWHERE IN THE F*CKIN COLLEGE! GIVE THEM TO ME!!

Last year I was non modularised and had exams at Christmas - I got a pass fail grade in one of them and didn't get my other results until June. It's typical of UCD to be honest.

Even though I've finished all my exams for the year I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get official results until June.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

the thing that p1sses me off the most is that we were never even told anything. SIS still said yesterday that all undergrads would have results by 5pm.

UCD is a Fu**ing dump and i cant wait to get out of it in 5 months. The place is such a c0ck up. I genuinely wouldnt advise anyone to go to UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

johnf&#225 wrote: »
    According to the departmental offices; History results will be out in "the next couple of days" and Politics results will be out at some stage today. Neither will be online, they will post the results on noticeboards on the respective corridors.

Thank you!

Again, the fact that boards is where I get this information astounds me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Miss GAAfia

I approached the Law Programme Board this morning to see when would Final Law results would be out and was told, without explanation or apology that it will be Friday week at the earliest.

This is probably due to the fact that the exam board isn’t meeting till next week but this is totally irrelevant to students who are up the wall with worry over results. It's utter disrespect for final year students who are struggling to move on with their workload in Semester 2 as they remain clueless as to their Semester 1 results.

I can leave all the angry voicemails I want at the Registrars office but it doesn't matter a damn. I'm beyond frustrated myself and feel so annoyed for my class.

Advertisement