Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 IP address problems

• 24-01-2007 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was wondering if anybody could help me.
    I have a 360 hooked up wirelessly for online gaming. It has been working fine since I set it up.

However, over the last few nights I've been disconnected due to my IP address failing.
    I was wondering what could cause this. I set up the 360 using automatic settings. The only thing that looks weird is that my gateway address is 0.0.0.0.
    I'm no computer genius so I don't have a clue.
    If something doesn't set up automatically, I'm lost.

I usually get my little cousin to sort out technical stuff like this for me but he has exams at the moment and I'm getting Rainbow 6 Vegas withdrawal symptons.

If I have left out any important information I will happily post it up.
    Any help / explaination would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

The IP address of your gateway is the IP address of your router, which is probably the same as your IP address except for the last digit which is probably 1.

for instance if your ip address is 192.168.0.24 then the gateway would probably be 192.168.0.1.

If you post the rest of your information and let us know your ISP and router make it is probable we could confirm exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Thanks Baraboo,

I'll post up the rest of my information as soon as I get home today (4.30pm, lucky me!). It looks like I might be able to sort this one out myself (well of course with the help of everyone here on boards).
    J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭Markjf

Hi J14,

If you have a PC or laptop running on the same network go to start, run and type in “cmd” and hit return in the dos screen type “ipconfig” this will tell you what your gateway IP address is.

mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Try power cycling your router. I have a crappy d-link one that occasionally goes a bid mad (DHCP stops working etc) and pulling the power for a few seconds usually sorts it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

ork turned on the PC & 360, checked the settings on the 360 and they are now correct! I took down my IP address & Gateway address. Everything is going ok. Thanks for all of your help guys & girls.
    I bet you I'll be back on in an hour when everything goes funky!

• Advertisement
Advertisement