Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPSON Faulty Printer

Options
  • 24-01-2007 12:48pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Around this time last year my brother purchased an EPSON photo printer (R245) for me as a gift. Around Christmas the printer started to stop working or not function correctly. In the end, it just stopped working and when I contacted Epson they informed me that it was a "hardware issue" and they would send out a "Quality Assured Unit" as soon as it came in stock.
    EPSON wrote:
    You will receive a Quality Assured unit. A Quality Assured product is
    a unit that has previously been returned to EPSON and repaired. It will
    have been fully serviced and met our strict Quality Assured standards.
    The outer casing should be free from scratches, blemishes and should be
    aesthetically pleasing. EPSON believe that this provides our customers
    with an effective and efficient service.

After waiting several weeks, I got in touch and asked is there any ETA on its delivery. I was told that it would be "Friday" (last week). It never came, so I said id wait until Monday. It never came on Monday either, so I emailed them that night and asked why there was a delay. On Tuesday the printer arrived and they took away the old one. On opening it, I found that the back of the printer was badly damaged and the hardware was clearly visible. Far from being "free from scratches, blemishes and should be aesthetically pleasing".

So I emailed them and told them of the damage to the printer, and that I was very disappointed that after waiting so long I was not given a "Quality Assured Unit" and requested an immediate replacement with some form of compensation for the hassle. I got two reply today by two different people within 20mins of each other. Both apologized, one said there will be no compensation and I wont receive a printer until at least next week as there is none in stock. The second email from a different person apologized but made no comment to the compensation request. I was informed I should receive the printer sometime tomorrow.

Is there anything that I can do? It seems very poor customer relations. Waited several weeks, got a damaged replacement, and got two contradictory emails about new replacement. I wonder will the replacement arrive tomorrow at all!

Hoping you can help. I can show pictures of the damage, including all emails if required. :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

in fairness Epson are carrying out their obligations you recieved a fault one they replaced it and it was damaged so they will replace it again , its a bitch the amount of time your waiting but they are actually practicing good customer service as they dont have to replace directly given your contract is between you and the store and not epson (unless you bought directly from them)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

They sent me out a brand new printer today, with photo paper & cartridges today. Im happy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Sully04 wrote:
    They sent me out a brand new printer today, with photo paper & cartridges today. Im happy. ;)

Great stuff! A happy customer! Makes a change to see somebody having a happy ending!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

excellent stuff

Advertisement