Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My 07 really a 06?? HELP!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

MercMad wrote:
    They dont sound like a nice place to deal with !

They sound perfectly reasonable to me. They sold a car the customer asked for, forgot to fill the tank up with diesel and fit flaps. Easily addressed, and the price increase of 100 for the new year they have already agreed to absorb. Ever seen a Dealership in January 07? Things are hectic, and unfortunately, Salespeople are only human and forget the odd thing here and there. I know I do.

This issue will resolve itself simply, and easily - just remain polite with the Dealership, and a bit of kindness on your part will be reciprocated with the things you ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Ever seen a Dealership in January 07? Things are hectic, and unfortunately, Salespeople are only human and forget the odd thing here and there. I know I do.

........I worked in a main dealer for over 10 years in various capacities. The price agreed is the price agreed, there should be no mistake !

A car properly prepared according to the agreement is all they have to arrange ! Lack of planning and excecution is p1ss poor in this day and age, but the response "We'll sort it out next time" is an insult and doesn't bode well for customer care !

MercMad wrote:
    ........I worked in a main dealer for over 10 years in various capacities. The price agreed is the price agreed, there should be no mistake !

A car properly prepared according to the agreement is all they have to arrange ! Lack of planning and excecution is p1ss poor in this day and age, but the response "We'll sort it out next time" is an insult and doesn't bode well for customer care !

Yes, because mistakes don't happen ... I had quite a few cars going out in Jan, and guess what? I forgot to give someone a keyring I'd promised them. Get out the crucifix and nail me up. The garage has offered to put the situation right, what more can they do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ewlit

sounds to me like you may have got a good deal and the price paid may have been substantially lower than other dealers so why wouldn't ye go for this option! the main thing is it is regestered in 07 so ye will get the 07 resale value:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Just from the points listed in your first post, i'm amazed your mother even agreed to go on with the sale. Regardless of the price!!!!

If i'm buying a brand new car, then i want to have the last decision on the appearance and also what extras are incl!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I have noticed that some colours available....... are not available on all the variants of the car. Usually its typed in small lettering with an * next to the paint colour, ie only available on saloon, not available on GLS etc. I also think that the advertising that car makers show over here does not always reflect the car that you are buying. There are now so many car ads with * at the bottom of the page saying vehicle shown may differ from that sold on the Irish market. I remember when the previous Micra came out in I992, the brochure showed only the front of the car on the back page and only showed pictures of the LX and SLX on other pages as the basic L had small plate sized hubcaps covering only the wheel nuts of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

MercMad wrote:

MercMad I'm not sure what capacity you've worked in. But if you read the SIMI order from it states that the price can vary from ordering and receiving the vehicle. The buyer obviously can refuse the change in price but thats been in print for over seven years now.

Regarding filling the tank and mats, thats poor show however its also expensive to do considering the margins of new vehicles.

Irish dealers are pretty much the poor relation when it comes to choice of right hand vehicles, so I would say the dealer wanted to move the colour that was on plan or order. The buyer got a good deal as stated earlier.

Regarding age, its when registered not when built. The car could sit there for years and still be called a new registration.

Finally the handover, this should be a good experience and the salesperson should of got someone trustworthy to pass the car. This comes down to integrity or commission and it seems since the handover salesperson did a crap job, he'd no financial incentive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Regarding age, its when registered not when built. The car could sit there for years and still be called a new registration.
    What are the revenue rules on this?

Bond-007 wrote:
    What are the revenue rules on this?

Quite simply, if a car has never been registered in a country before, and lays idle for any length of time, 1 month, 10 years, once it's registered, it's the year of registration that goes on the plate, not the year of manufacture.

Surely you've seen examples of this when cars are no longer produced, say beyond 2000, and yet someone has one registered much much later. For example, there was a classic Mini on carzone a while back with a 2004 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Indeed and someone posted here in the last day or so about a Mk IV golf on a 2005 plate

@Bond-007, what exactly do you mean about revenue rules on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yes, I saw a 2006 reg old shape Passat TDi only 2 weeks ago. Newer model was available since July 2005.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

why didn't she order what she wanted instead of letting the dealer dictate....

steve06 wrote:
    why didn't she order what she wanted instead of letting the dealer dictate....

IMHO, the Dealer probably didn't 'Dictate' he showed her a stock car, she ordered that. If people want to buy exact specifications, it's up to them to ask for it, and be prepared to wait for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Standard industry waiting time is c. 12 weeks.

A new car custom ordered on 2/1/07 won't be available until April.

Advertisement