Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with research

Options
  • 24-01-2007 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wonder could as many as possible log on to
    www.researchwow.net
    and fill out the form I have there, it is aimed at all MM environments but looks at WoW more than others.
    It's for a college project so the info wont go anywhere else. If anyone wants to look at the results (once they build up) just pop me a mail as detailed on the site.
    It would be great if you could send it around your guild too, I'd like as many Irish answers as possible ( I want as many answers as possible but I'd like enough Irish ones to have enough data to do some stats on).

Thanks again,

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Might be an idea to throw up a post over at wow-ireland.com.

I've filled it out for ya, i'd be interested to know the results when you've finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

thats great, thanks for the tip, when its over I'll post up a spreadsheet and my results.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

filled it in.

Seems that the expectations part is missing the obvious "enjoy the game and have fun" option though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

i've filled it out aswell... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Filled it in. Seemed to be totally presumptious of negative conclusions to me. While I know I can "strongly disagree" with all the drawback questions where are the positive questions I can agree with? I not trying to be deliberately obtuse and I have honestly outlined the any negative aspects I have experienced from playing WoW but when you have a question like

"The amount of time spent playing massively multiplayer games fuels arguments with your partner"

then later

"Does your partner play massively multiplayer games"

Why not then enquire if people find any positive aspects to playing an MMO with their partner? For the record I've only asked my girlfriend once if she wanted to try out WoW the answer was "Don't be stupid." :)

These are the sort of academic surveys I find intensely irritating. Looks designed to fit in with a preconceived conclusion.
    METWORLDS : THEIR EFFECT ON TRADITIONAL LIFESTYLE
    What's the betting the effect will be negative? What the hell is a traditional lifestyle anyway?

• Advertisement

Thanks to all how have filled it in.

I do agree that it seems negative (is negative almost), the first draft was even worse :D

I love the game myself.

I'm going down a road with this though, I only added the agree and disagree stuff last week at the advice of others. I assume that everyone who plays the games enjoys it, even if they didn't that info is not something that I have highlighted in my proposal. I have a level 60 character myself and am heading for level 61.

I have asked people to list the good and the bad of playing MMOs this is an endless memo where loads of good can be typed, I have asked general question about peoples social life too.

I have noticed huge changes in how I use my PC since I started playing this game, sessions are longer, eyes hurt, have to level, got to log on at 20:30, all other games are out the window, getting nagged for playing it too much. There are people reading this who know where I am coming from.
    I was already using skype etc, but I need to see if people are finding new ways to communicate or meeting each other as a result of the game

Others in my guild have experienced some of the above mentioned issues. So I decided to explore it. I want to see if this is the case with others.
    So I asked the questions out straight.

I'm always better going down a certain road with these projects, with the amount of strongly disagree options you guys can prove my negative outlook to be misplaced, and i will report same if that is the case.
    I don’t intend to show all the info in my final draft, so I will take your advice and show less of the negative questions.

BTW I don’t know what a tradition lifestyle is ??? that’s someone else’s project I think, I just couldn't think of anything else to write here, this site is not part of the project, its just a means of getting the info.

Once again thanks to all who filled it in

thanks again all, I am worried now about how negative it is though:eek:

Lads

thanks alot for filling these in, I have received great input in the memo sections, I thought that people would not bother with this section but I was wrong (actually i was advised that i wouldn't), thats great as i can use some of them as quantative answers.

I appreciate it.:)

Advertisement