Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problems with usb webcam

Options
  • 24-01-2007 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi all

ive never posted in this part of the forum before so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I bought a usb webcam a few months ago-I tried to install it and my computer wouldnt accept it- The comp kept freezing after i tried to turn it on.A CD to install it came with it-But i have since moved home and misplaced it.

Ive since gotten a new comp but I dont have the CD to install the CAM -can i get software online to install it

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

You should be able to download the drivers from the manufacturers website.

Some cameras want you to install the drivers before connecting the camera to the PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

ST wrote:
    You should be able to download the drivers from the manufacturers website.

Some cameras want you to install the drivers before connecting the camera to the PC.

the prob is iv no box or anything so i dont know who the manafactuer is

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Pepper, look at the plastic moulding around the webcam, the company name should be there somewhere. Let us know what it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

What happens if you plug the camera in now?

If PC doesn't freeze see if camera appears in the device manager list.
    Right Click My Computer select Properties, select the Hardware Tab then Device Manager.

You should get a list of the hardware devices on your PC. If the webcam is not installed correctly you will see a yellow circle with an exclamation mark on it, probably beside an entry for Unknown USB device or something similar.

If you try and update the driver, and let windows search Microsoft Windows Update, you might be lucky and Windows will find the driver for it.

If not, can you remember where you bought the webcam? If so go back to the shop and see if there is a similar model on display and note the Manufacturers name. You may also find the web address on the packaging..

Advertisement