Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems with usb cam-please help

• 24-01-2007 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi all

ive never posted in this part of the forum before so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I bought a usb webcam a few months ago-I tried to install it and my computer wouldnt accept it- The comp kept freezing after i tried to turn it on.A CD to install it came with it-But i have since moved home and misplaced it.

Ive since gotten a new comp but I dont have the CD to install the CAM -can i get software online to install it

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

do you know what camera it is ? ... start with the manufacturers home page ? they will usually have support pages with downloads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

If you have any doubts about what a forum is for, read the descriptions on http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭pepper

forbairt wrote:
    do you know what camera it is ? ... start with the manufacturers home page ? they will usually have support pages with downloads

ive no idea who the manufacturer is-The book and all are gone- All thats on the cam is the word Seex(could be sweex)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Pepper! At 12.12 you posted the same query in the Nets and Comms forum as you did here at 12.32.

Have some patience and stop spamming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote:
    Pepper! At 12.12 you posted the same query in the Nets and Comms forum as you did here at 12.32.

Have some patience and stop spamming!

Im not spamming right! I didnt know which was the right one to put it in-I know nothing about Computers and I didnt know what section the query belonged in.

yes its the mini webcam

http://www.sweex.com/producten.php?sectie=2&subsectie=2&item=56&artikel=276

any idea where id get the software to install it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Its on the webpage you linked to 'drivers & firmware', download the one marked JA000030_driv_all.zip, extract the files and run the installation program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

pepper wrote:
    Im not spamming right! I didnt know which was the right one to put it in-I know nothing about Computers and I didnt know what section the query belonged in.

OK, so start one thread...wait until you receive replies or someone points you in the right direction and a mod will either move the thread for you or allow it to remain where it is. All I'm saying is there's no need for two threads in different fora, it's messy and you receive duplicate advice.

In the other thread I also asked you to look at the camera moulding and see who made it and someone else asked you in that thread to look at the box. You ended up with exactly the same answers from different people.

A bit of patience would help. Glad you are getting close to the answer and I do appreciate that you didn't post the query in AH but asked instead where it should be posted :)

Ruu wrote:
    Its on the webpage you linked to 'drivers & firmware', download the one marked JA000030_driv_all.zip, extract the files and run the installation program.

where do i extract the files to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just make a temporary folder on the desktop or anywhere really and extract them into there.

Ruu wrote:
    Just make a temporary folder on the desktop or anywhere really and extract them into there.

done! Just 1 more thing (sorry) How do i run it-When i right click "run" doesnt come up

sorry i know nothing about computers

Advertisement