Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coonagh to Moyross Road?

Options
  • 24-01-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Anyone know anything about the planned road linking the Coonagh roundabout to Moyross via the Old Cratloe road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

I think it will be built when the coonagh cross sc is opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

interesting one, heard nothing of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Do you know where this road will be located, have you seen plans/text relating to this?

If its a Coonagh to Moyross road, it would have to be joining the cratloe road somewhere around the new shannonvale development. There would seriously have to be some improvements in the infrastructure around that area to support such a project as We are basically talking estate roads.

If this isnt the case, it would be interesting to see where this road will join up

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

There's some sketchy in this planning doc for the greater Caherdavin area: http://www.lcc.ie/NR/rdonlyres/3DED864C-FFE1-42B1-8999-054CC4446FA7/0/Caherdavin.pdf . I saw a map somewhere a few weeks back, but can't find it now - thought the map was in this doc, but the maps are missing now though. It's a big doc, but just do a search for "North Ring Road" for the relevant info.

The road will go from the Coonagh roundabout, down the side of the new shopping center and come out on the Old Cratloe road just beyond Shannonvale.

From there I'm not 100% sure, but I would think it'll have to be a new road in-between the Country club road and the back of Clonile (the estate across the road from Shannonvale), so I assume a roundabout perhaps here on the Old Cratloe Road.

I doubt the existing Country Club road to Meelick would be used, it's is too narrow and windy to upgrade. This new road then will probably eventually hook up with the main road in Moyross that brings you out onto the Long Pavement.

That's all I know - it's almost impossible to find concrete info on the plan!
    I doubt the existing Country Club road to Meelick would be used, it's is too narrow and windy to upgrade.This new road then will probably eventually hook up with the main road in Moyross that brings you out onto the Long Pavement.

That's all I know - it's almost impossible to find concrete info on the plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

would the link road to Moyross be the discontinued road to the right of Tesco building on the layout/map of the centre here ? http://www.coonaghcross.com/map_large.htm
    or maybe its a one-way road into the back of Ferndale ? coz from looking at that map I don't know how Ferndale residents are going to access their estate - I believe this was one of the objections they made during the Planning process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭ebowdia

Not sure to be honest - it does look like access to Ferndale could be quiet awkward though. One thing for sure though, the Coonagh roundabout is going to get damn busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Northside Guy

The paln is for the road to run from Coonagh roundabout to parteen. It will link to the road in Moyross via a spur and will pass through the old Delmege estate at the top of Moyross. There is no firm plans but I think it is in the plans Sinn Fein submitted and I think now has general agrement for all invloved.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

I am living in Shannonvale since 2005 and when we purchased the house on the plans there was a road to come from the roundabout inside coonagh cross shopping centre through the land beside the shannonvale development (this would run outside the boundary of the wall around shannonvale) and join up with the old cratloe road.

Now that they have virtually put a stop to any further development in the CC shopping centre i cannot see the road being open for years if at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I am living in Shannonvale since 2005...

Nearly as old as this thread that you dug up.
    Please don't resurrect 3 year old threads.
    Start a new one..... cheers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement