Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadaband D7

Options
  • 24-01-2007 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi, can anyone advise me on available wireless broadband providers that I can get on Blackhorse Avenue. I had NTL but it never worked so I cancelled it.
    I'd appreciate any recommendations you could make, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I'm just up the road from you (Prussia Street) and I had IBB (which I hated and wouldn't recommend). I know Digiweb Metro is also available in our area but as with all wireless broadband, it really depends on LOS...

Do you have a phone line? If so, check to see if you can get BT or SMART.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 bazzyk

Thanks very much. I don't have a phoneline so that rules out UTV and Perlico. I'll try and find out more about Digiweb

bazzyk wrote:
    Thanks very much. I don't have a phoneline so that rules out UTV and Perlico. I'll try and find out more about Digiweb
    Well, if you don't have a phone line (and don't want to get one installed) then Digiweb Metro is pretty much your only option Bazzyk.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

I live on blackhorse avenue also, I have 2Mb NTL it was running crap late last august till christmas, but the last few weeks things seem to be grand. Personally I think the broadband providers in Ireland are crap, theres now real reliable service, If I ever get my phone line hooked up again I might just go with eircon.

digitalage wrote:
    I live on blackhorse avenue also, I have 2Mb NTL it was running crap late last august till christmas, but the last few weeks things seem to be grand. Personally I think the broadband providers in Ireland are crap, theres now real reliable service, If I ever get my phone line hooked up again I might just go with eircon.
    You should seriously consider Magnet as opposed to Eircom if you reconnect your landline Digitalage? Why settle for ADSL if you can get ADSL2+ for cheaper? :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement