Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help. Slow performance... Tried everything..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Actually guys after re-checking the (hd's) sata cable it's actually connected in the SATA 2 slot! I think i used to have it in sata 1... Does this really make a difference to the performance? I talked to this computer engineer I know and he said it doesnt make a difference which sata slot it's in... Is this true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I always find sata slot 1 is faster, as the bios looks for slot one before slot 2/3/4. So yes.

Im sure i said this in a earlier post. and for you to check it. If this is the cause of the problem im gonna slap you so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Anti wrote:
    I always find sata slot 1 is faster, as the bios looks for slot one before slot 2/3/4. So yes.

Im sure i said this in a earlier post. and for you to check it. If this is the cause of the problem im gonna slap you so hard.

Lol I confess, didnt actually check till now:o I was pretty sure it was in slot 1, but then after looking today (which required a very close look) I noticed it was actually in sata slot 2!

Anyway as for the result with the HD now in sata1, not that good... Okay definately better speed in windows once its loaded everything, but as for the log on time, pretty much the same... And actually for some reason the windows load bar takes longer in sata 1 (bout 6 bars to load)... Not much though.. I do get better results in HD Tach now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Takes me 5/6 bars too, so dont worry to much. ITs only a few seconds slower :)

Advertisement