Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esb poles and wires - getting rerouted

Options
  • 24-01-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

i am doing an application at the moment wherby the esb wires are going diagonally across the site and through the plan area of the proposed house.

does anyone know the procedures/cost involved in getting the wires/poles rerouted. is this difficult/.easy expensive?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

All depends on the voltage involved. If it is a local line the ESB will normally reroute these free of charge but if for example it is a high voltage/three phase supply then they will definitely charge for rerouting.

One other option is for them to insulate the cables but only subject to the lines being a minimum height above the roof.

Short answer is to contact the local ESB engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Contact the ESB immediately. As long as it is poles and not pylons I think they can be re-routed. I know of somebody who requested this about three years ago and the cost was quite steep although I can't remember the full details. The ESB weren't exactly quick off the mark either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

We have applied to get the line crossing our site moved. There is no cost involved in moving the line, the problem is that it will now pass through some trees and the ESB (in Kildare) want us to pay someone to cut back the trees in question so they won't interfere with the new line.

My brother in law works for the ESB in Mayo (as a linesman) and he told me that the ESB will cut trees free of charge if and when needed. I can't understand how the local ESB crew in Kildare want me to do this at my own expense. When I put this to the guy in charge, he told me that it was his policy to get homeowners to cut back trees. A follow up call to the ESB head office just referred me back to the local Kildare unit so I can't get an explanation as to why they have different approaches to cutting trees.

Advertisement