Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding bands

• 24-01-2007 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Anyone know of any good bands for a wedding for xmas 07?? thanks for any help:) :

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sarahp

i have posted before about a band called MIrage that are very good.

four piece

singer/ guitar
    lead guitar
    bass
    drums

do a bit of everything but you can specify the type of music you want or don't want.

i have their card so if you want their number pm me.

or their email is. mirage.band@gmail.com
    :):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sarahp

just to add.

before you choose a band you should definately go see them as even if they are reccommended by 1000 people they may not be your cup of tea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Location? If it's Cork, I know of my band, and several others who can help out depending on date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Im in dublin getting married 07 also,we booked the great escape,they do travel and are brill,you can google them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paulkinsey

I know of a good band called something simple. they play a mix of music from Cristy Moore through to Greenday, as well as songs Like Sweet caroline, etc. PM me for their email or phone number. Their based in Cork so may charge a bit extra to travel but they are cheaper than most, so probably won't work out much extra. Hope this helps.

Paul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Hi Paul,

Would you have contact details of that band Something Simple, they sound just like what I am looking for,

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 fireguy2007

http://www.weddingbandlist.com, hundreds of bands and dj's listed by county, great help to me. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

A gospel choir is an original alternative.

I sing with the Halleluia Gospel Choir, based in Dublin (but we travel all over the country) and I'm one of their female leads. We do various types of functions- interval acts at professional talent shows, Christmas parties (we have a deal with Clontarf Castle and the Glenview Hotel, we do a five week run in both places every Christmas), weddings (masses and receptions).

For a very reasonable price, you'll get a choir of 8, all robed up. One fantastic male lead, two female singers, and five back up singers. We're a very popular choir, known for our professionalism and talent. Our website unfortunately isn't up and running yet, but you can check us out on http://bebo.com/halleluiagospelchoir.

PM me if you'd like more details!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Uuuh Patsy

We had Abbasuletly/Johnnie Be Good. Brilliant. Maybe not some peoples cup of tea. My advice is dont scrimp on a band. It can make the difference between a good and brilliant night. Have been to too many weddings were the local yokels kill the night. Get some pros

Advertisement