Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unable to use Internet Explorer

• 24-01-2007 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so apologies if that's the case....

Whenever I open Internet Explorer, the following message appears:

"Forbidden
    You were denied access because:
    Access denied by access control list. "

The same message appears when I try to retrieve Album info on Windows Media Player...

I always use Firefox anyway, but it's rather annoying when trying to get song and album names etc. and the browser won't work.

Anyone know what could be wrong and how to fix it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This might solve the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

hoggy87 wrote:
    Not sure if this is the correct forum, so apologies if that's the case....

Whenever I open Internet Explorer, the following message appears:

"Forbidden
    You were denied access because:
    Access denied by access control list. "

Are you using Internet Explorer in a work environment or at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭hoggy87

tom dunne wrote:
    Are you using Internet Explorer in a work environment or at home?

Home-ish... Student Accommodation. It used to work perfectly at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Is that student accomodation on a college campus, or in a private house?

If it is the former, there may be policies in place to prevent you from accessing the internet (i.e. the owner of the network is purposely stopping you).

Just to clarify - are you saying that you can surf the web without problem using Firefox, but can't when using Internet Explorer?

If that's the case, then it is a setting in Internet Explorer, plain and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Have you a proxy set up in internet explorer?

This would be under Tools-Internet Options-Connections in Internet Explorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭hoggy87

tom dunne wrote:

Just to clarify - are you saying that you can surf the web without problem using Firefox, but can't when using Internet Explorer?

If that's the case, then it is a setting in Internet Explorer, plain and simple.

Yup. How would I go about changing the setting? (I barely know how to turn a computer on! :( )

PS. Thanks to everyone for responding!!

Advertisement