Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thieving scum targetting Balbriggan?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

aniascor wrote:
    I know when the politicians come knocking in the next few months, I'll be talking to them about getting extra garda resources for the town, and the need for a visible garda presence in the town.

FYI: There is a separate thread started for this very reason.
    Election issues in North County Dublin - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055055175

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

Morph&#233 wrote: »
    By the way, the town HAD a cinema for YEARS before there were 16 thousand lemmings living here. The community opposite Exile Clothing (the old Garda Station) hall, was the Savoy Cinema.

There was actually 2 cinemas in the town at one point (long time ago, not sure of the dates). The other one was next door to the Town Hall / old combined clubs hall(above White's shop).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

sirpsycho wrote:
    There was actually 2 cinemas in the town at one point (long time ago, not sure of the dates). The other one was next door to the Town Hall / old combined clubs hall(above White's shop).

Wavin Sports & Social Club and The 7 Arches were other names for it after the cinema and before the Combined Clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I'm both surprised and disappointed the 'wow sierra' hasn't come back to rectify the misrepresentation.

Perhaps he can blow in and update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Apologies Bluetonic for misrepresenting the area/estate the residents of which you were making allegations against. My mistake. If you were implying a reference to a specific group of known car thieves by reference to where they were from, then that wasnt clear from your initial post.

My real mistake was in getting involved in this discussion at all!!! Its just that I like to take people as I find them and not prejudge them, whether residents of Council estates or Private (new or long established). If I think someone else is not doing this then I get annoyed. If I picked you up wrong then sorry. The reason I didnt reply before is because I didnt want to continue this discussion.

As regards educating myself about the town - I know it fairly well thanks.

This is my last post on this thread - one I certainly wouldn't have posted if I wasn't challenged to.

Peace and goodwill to all residents of Balbriggan :):):):):):)

Advertisement