Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave help please, new user!

Options
  • 24-01-2007 4:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys,

i recent purchased ripwave (i know but i will explain why in a moment)

I cannot get any signal at all, im based in tallaght and it says i should have coverage. I turn on the modem and its just stuck on searching. Is there something im doing wrong?

The reason i chose ripwave is, i dont need full broad band, its just for internet surfing, bt, ntl are not available in my area and the others are more expensive! i dont mind slow downlaod speeds, once internet surfing is ok!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Ripwave has always had a crap signal,very few people ever get full speed from it. Some like yourself get no signal at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ripwave, I always thought, makes a nice paperwright in the dark with its flashing lights and stuff. very post moderne and chick (sic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

wiiireland wrote:

I cannot get any signal at all, im based in tallaght and it says i should have coverage. I turn on the modem and its just stuck on searching. Is there something im doing wrong?

The latest modems are differen than the first ones.
    You've to register the modem by putting in your bank details.
    Try resetting the modem with the navini software aswell.

I've got one and it drops now and then and won't get a signal until I turn it on and off a couple of times ,the call must get lost when it's busy or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Have you tried Clearwire? I've never used either but I am told Clearwire is very good if you only want it for surfing.

Advertisement