Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training companies giving Tesk*** to customers?

Options
  • 24-01-2007 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

I am currently working for a big Irish company and some of my IT colleagues told me they had a few training at a specific training company based in Dublin.
    The thing is they also told me several trainers gave them Testk*** and other cheating material to pass the exams.

I was stunned because this is crazy a well known training company which is also an approved testing center is providing cheating material to customers to pass the exam.

Is it usual practice here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

No Ive never heard of it. Sounds like a poor instructor covering his own ass.

MS instructors have to pass a certain amount of people every year to retain their MCT Cert. I presume its the same with other certs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Hardly cheating material.. it's not as if you can bring them into the exam.
    How can practice questions be cheating? Is it cheating if junior/leaving cert kids don't use sample papers? Most major certifications have official versions, but theres nothing underhand about testking.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Statix/Mick
    This happens all over the place. A handout of previous questions is handed out and students practically memorise it and then sit the exams.

The Exams should be a test or the candidates knowledge/experience and not short term memory.

just my 2 cents

Trig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Kali wrote:
    Hardly cheating material.. it's not as if you can bring them into the exam.
    How can practice questions be cheating? Is it cheating if junior/leaving cert kids don't use sample papers? Most major certifications have official versions, but theres nothing underhand about testking.

I am not talking about practice tests. I have no problem with that.
    I am talking about real cheating material such as Testking.
    Testking is real exam questions.

Anyway the difference is on the field and daily rate :-) So whatever.

Advertisement