Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P60 - Where from?

Options
  • 24-01-2007 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was searching for an answer on revenue.ie but of course couldn't get a simple answer

I was employed for the Summer of 2006 (Just for the 3 months), and I need a P60 for something.

Simple question - Do I go to my employer of said date for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

yes, your last employer can issue you with another one, or you can just drop into your local tax office

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you worked there for 3 months and left, then you should have been issued with a P45 (a tax statement you receive when you leave a job). Ask the employer for one, if they won't issue it, then get in touch with the tax office who can issue you a copy. (Your previous employer is obliged to issue you with a P45, so the tax office won't be too happy with them).

A P60 is issued when you are in employment and it is a statement of your tax and PRSI for the previous tax year.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

You could also ask revenue to issue a P21 for 2006 this might do instead of a P60.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dudara wrote:
    If you worked there for 3 months and left, then you should have been issued with a P45 (a tax statement you receive when you leave a job). Ask the employer for one, if they won't issue it, then get in touch with the tax office who can issue you a copy. (Your previous employer is obliged to issue you with a P45, so the tax office won't be too happy with them).

A P60 is issued when you are in employment and it is a statement of your tax and PRSI for the previous tax year.

I have my P45 from the said employer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

admiralgar wrote:
    yes, your last employer can issue you with another one, or you can just drop into your local tax office
    Can you really get it (P60) off the local tax office also? They requested mine before when I asked for my tax status. I'm having issues getting them (the last 3 years) from my employer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

tax year runs same as calender year. your employer will only issue you with a P60 if you are employed at the end of the tax year - as you only worked there during the summer your employer will not issue you with a P60. Other documents should suffice in it's place - P45 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

JohnCleary wrote:
    I have my P45 from the said employer

If you're not in employment, then you won't get a P60. A P21 might suffice alright though, but the P45 should really be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dudara wrote:
    If you're not in employment, then you won't get a P60. A P21 might suffice alright though, but the P45 should really be enough.

Thank's for that, all will become clear when I go into the tax office to get a Form12 anyhow, I can ask in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

u will only get a P60 if the company in question PAID you in dec of the year that you want a P60 for.

Advertisement