Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good bike repair shop in Dublin 6 area

Options
  • 24-01-2007 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Hi there.

I have a canondale mountain bike.
    I live in Harolds Cross and need to get my bike fixed.
    Can anyone recommend a good bike repair shop?

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Itsfixed

Two recommendations:

Wolfe Cycles, sundrive road.
    Commuting solutions, lower rathmines road

both good shops, good service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I'd have recommended those two as well. What do you need to get fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

I was living in the states last year and got "doored" on the way home from work. So the handlebars and the crankshaft were damaged.

The bike repair guy in the states put on a really ugly set of handlebars on the bike, and did not even fix the buckled crankshaft. As I was moving back to ireland from the states, I didnt have time to get him to sort it out.

This is the bike I have, but in blue:
    http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/ce/model-2FS4.html

Havent been riding it recently, but have moved to dublin recently and plan to use it a bit more now.

Thx for the replies.

P.S. Is one repair shop more "high-end" than the other? (ie. less geared towards generic bikes).

Or, if you could make it to Dundrum, Joe Daly cycles is an excellent shop, excellent service. They have fixed my bike for free many many times, little fixes mind you. Definitely the most pleasent experience in a shop in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

Unfortunately I dont have a car, so Dundrum is out for me. Cant really cycle the bike right now as crankshaft is busted.
    I'll try one of those bike shops that were recommended in the earlier posts.
    Thx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

hollingsworth cycles in templeogue village are good. (I know its D6w, but close enough;) ) they finish most jobs usually the next day. i dont have any other bike shop to compare to but i dont think theyre cheap. a service will set you back around €40

Advertisement