Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

kinaldo wrote:

I just thought it was harsh banning someone who was in breach of the charter for being an Arsenal fan only to then ignore the personal abuse which followed, considering there's also something in the charter about that. I won't lose any sleep over it though.

The Goon was banned because the charter says no Goons. He was trolling, so bye bye.

I didn't ignore Eamo's response, I chose not to punish it. Different thing entirely. He was responding to Goon trolling, hence the gentle reminder to play nice. That is all.
    Ask me that on the soccer forum if you like but I don't think it's appropriate here.

Correct. There is a thread here for anyone who wants to continue that discussion. Any more here and I'll be deleting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

We all knew what would happen in the 2nd half.
    I could see it a mile away. Afer 30mins we stopped playing and handed all the play/possession them (as usual)

You could see thir 1st goal coming a mile off. It was only a matter of time. And their 2nd too. It's a mystery how they didn't win it in the end.

It's so fcuking disgusting supporting Spurs sometimes.
    No guts
    No bottle
    Spinless
    Overpaid
    Cnuts

And Jol was finally exposed in my eyes as a fraud last night.
    "We have to learn this & we have to learn that" Bollox
    Sounded like Hoddle excuses all over again.

Call it a knee jerk, call it what you like, but I want a complete overhaul of management, management structure, chairman and half of the playing staff. Until this happens we will always be an underacheiving club.

So bord and sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

This is what I love about the beautiful game, everybody has a different opinion and its wonderful :)

p.s.
    Call it a knee jerk, call it what you like, but I want a complete overhaul of management, management structure, chairman and half of the playing staff. Until this happens we will always be an underacheiving club.

East Tiger;)

Just so angry with the situation.

18 months of steady improvment from the time that Santini left.
    But all the old habbits are back. I honestly think that more than half of our players arn't good enough to challenge 4th place, And the ones that are good enough arn't putting it in.

This of course is fine if you want to languish somewhere bewteen 10th & 5th for ever more. with the odd cup semi thrown in for good measure. But after last season, where we all had a (brief) taste of top 4 life. Why turn our backs on it now and accept averageness ??

If Levy won't spend to kinda money (which we have) needed to bring in 5/6 players of better quality then we already have, then we're all wasting our time hoping that Spurs will ever be a force in the game.

Spend the money on the players we need or fcuk off. Here's a realistic few names that would improve our situation. Where are the fcukin offers ??!!??!!

Barton
    Richards
    Nolan
    Heinze
    Barry
    Wright Phillips

Jol is starting to talk bollox too - senselees drivel & excuses - when he should be apologising to us supporters for the crap we're being served.

I've suffered too many false dawns over the years and as you can tell the glass is completely and utterly half empty.

All this while we sit and watch the top 4 dissapear out of reach over the horizon forever.

That's it

Was just thinking about the money thing myself ... surely there is a few bob there to be played with !! Have to say, i really like joey barton...id love to see him playing for us !! But I think a natural leftie is a must !!

• Advertisement

Yeah mate.

Barton would be perfect - we have no leaders and no balls.
    As for the left - there's very few quality players out there who would be realisticaly come to Spurs, maybe Bridge, maybe Downing but I doubt it.

I'm off for a pint (or 12) to drown my sorrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kinaldo wrote:
    I only visit here to maintain an interest in Newcastle's rivals, and since you're being shunned on the soccer forum it's handy and local (and apparently we're welcome...).

easy tiger. i didnt say i was being shunned. i just said i didnt care what people on there thought of me :)
    kinaldo wrote:
    I just thought it was harsh banning someone who was in breach of the charter for being an Arsenal fan only to then ignore the personal abuse which followed, considering there's also something in the charter about that. I won't lose any sleep over it though..

this is a spurs forum. its hosted and is therefore considered a 'private' forum, without the need to lock everyone out.
    that means that anyone can be banned. for any reason. if TRO wants to use the charter as a reason for banning, then fine, on the other hand, i dont see why people in this forum should have to put up with retarded crap from someone. i have no problem with someone coming up to me and saying 'my football team is better than yours'
    its true. arsenal are better than spurs. i dont have aproblem with that. i have a problem with arseholes, of which jank is a major one, and i would have banned him even if he didnt break a charter.

and TRO, its a private board, it doesnt need a charter...
    kinaldo wrote:

Way to fly off topic! Ask me that on the soccer forum if you like but I don't think it's appropriate here.

why not? is there something in the charter that states that we cant discuss newcastle?
    you asked the question, i only asked it back.

anyway, as for our performance, the more i hear from people here, and the more i read form spurs supporters elsewhere, the more i agree.

i think we have a good squad, and i think we should be doing better. i like jol, but i think we need someone with a better pedigree. and i think if dont gey bale from southampton, then we have been completely remiss in getting inthe best we can

pints....sounds good...

for those of you going tomorrow...enjoy

im off to get on the champ in the last !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

this is a spurs forum. its hosted and is therefore considered a 'private' forum, without the need to lock everyone out.

i have a problem with arseholes, of which jank is a major one, and i would have banned him even if he didnt break a charter.

and TRO, its a private board, it doesnt need a charter...
    Fair enough.
    i have a problem with arseholes, of which jank is a major one, and i would have banned him even if he didnt break a charter.
    Lol, classic!

:D
    why not? is there something in the charter that states that we cant discuss newcastle?
    There is a thread here for anyone who wants to continue that discussion. Any more here and I'll be deleting.
    He's the boss not me!

Anyway I'm sure there'll be plenty of Newcastle disucssion on here soon enough when we do the treble over you lot in the Uefa Cup final...

:)

Kind of.

Out of respect for T4TF and co on the Soccer forum, I'd prefer we stayed on-topic re. Spurs. Tangents are understandable, general discussion of the Barcodes is better off over there.

In other news, I've just sourced a ticket for the away leg...:D

• Advertisement

kinaldo wrote:

Anyway I'm sure there'll be plenty of Newcastle disucssion on here soon enough when we do the treble over you lot in the Uefa Cup final...

you know what, i would have no problem losing to newcastle, as long as we finish in a uefa cup spot in the league :)

but id prefer if we won, and yuou got the league spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

jank wrote:
    Better luck next time lads.

Next weeks game is actually the first game Arsenal have had at home this season in the Carling cup. So i guess the kids will want to impress with an emphatic victory over tottedumb.
    can't you read, bozo. the title of this section is Spurs Supporters Club. :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

kinaldo wrote:

rofl4.gif

this guy is hilarious. and why does he still have NUFC 7 Spurs 1 in his sig.?

that was over 10 years ago. screwy.gif

el diablo wrote:
    and why does he still have NUFC 7 Spurs 1 in his sig.?

You do realise you're inviting all sorts of piss-taking saying that? Wewere singing FA Cup songs from 25 years ago on Wednesday night, and the pre-match build up on the Jumbotron showed goals from as far back as Gazza's SF free kick...:D

You do realise you're inviting all sorts of piss-taking saying that? Wewere singing FA Cup songs from 25 years ago on Wednesday night, and the pre-match build up on the Jumbotron showed goals from as far back as Gazza's SF free kick...:D

maybe you're right but it's a bit sad when a 7-1 victory over Spurs is the highlight of the last 10 years for a Newcastle fan.

I was over in Newcastle last year when they beat Wigan in a meaningless league game.

but you'd swear they'd just won the FA Cup by their celebrations in the city that night.
    all it was short of was an open top bus parade... tongue4.gif

Hatch99 wrote:
    pints....sounds good...

for those of you going tomorrow...enjoy

There's a f*cking surprise, flight delayed...:mad:

Anyway, myself+Dublin Spur+cxcully+galinka(possibly) shall be supping in the Park boozer beside Northumberland Park station next Sunday, its only a short walk from the B&H or a train ride from Liverpool St/Tottenham Hale.

You know you want to...

We'll be with a crowd off fromthelane.co.uk, having a bit of a get together for a friend of ours who passed away recently (RIP). Be good to see you.

Have a good'un today Ronan.

if anyone is going to a game at WHL around the end of marhc or very first weekend in april, let me know.

i will probably be moving away from london in the second week, and will have very little chance to see my beloved spurs again :(

so if anyone wants to organise something, and knows how i can get tickets etc, id be up for many beers and good game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I wasn't due to go over again until the UEFA home leg against Feyenoord, no that is off the cards..not sure of my next game yet ... will need to look through the fixture schedule

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

el diablo wrote:
    rofl4.gif

this guy is hilarious. and why does he still have NUFC 7 Spurs 1 in his sig.?

Time for a change methinks, but haven't we had this discussion once or twice before?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Just saw that post now ronan, will give you a tinkle if im around :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Need to meet up for ticket on Sunday Ronan - sent you PM.

Looking forward to game - big challenge for us.

Great discussion on Jol - i have great reservations too i'm afraid. Has made some very good buys though in fairness - might be Comolli for all i know.

Advertisement