Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband - HELP!

Options
  • 24-01-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

ok, Ordered eircom broadband online on Jan 12th. Printed off order confirmation etc.
    Rang today as no modem has arrived yet. Was basically told they the sales people don't really know much about the online ordering but that the girl I spoke to had no sign of any order from it and that it was basically tough. She then went on to tell me there were now no free ports in the exchange and that again it was my own tough.

The confirmed order it seems counts for nothing. You can imagine that things got a little heated around now. So where do I stand? Considering that my line passed the check and that the online ordering system allowed me to confirm my order on Jan 12 i assume its safe to conclude that back then there were free ports. But they messed up. So how long does it take for new ports to be created in an exchange?

Second, when I asked her when exactly did eircom intend to let me know about this she had no answer for me. So it seems that they had no intention of letting me know, again despite the fact that I have a confirmed order printed off next to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It might be an idea to send off the confirmed order to a manager in Eircom - someone very high up who can actually get things done as opposed to a phone monkey who has little real power. Try customer relations manager or complaints manager; if that fails even the top dog in Eircom might be worth a shot - just make it polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If your line still passes, try to order from one of the other providers (BT, UTV, etc) and see if the "no free ports" story is true.

Advertisement