Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 amp circuit trips in new home

Options
  • 24-01-2007 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello,
    Just moved into new house, i have found that my garage and the main living area in my house are on the same circuit, which keeps tripping. I have looked in the box and found that this is two 20 amp circuts togther. I switch it back to on and on they come, I unplug a few things and on they stay. Seeking advise on how to replace with bigger amp'd circuit to handle the load. Just uping to a 30 amp is dangerous i believe.

Thank You,

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 spark

if there are two separate circuits going into the one 20A mcb then it is possible to take one out and put it on its own 20A mcb. if however the circuit is a ring main (circuit wired in a loop) then you can safely increase the mcb to 25A.

Advertisement